Default Finding dried out dead larva...is this indicative of a disease or my paranoia?

Found a handful of dead larva the other day, then found some more today on my bottom board near the entrance. Should I treat for something or not worry about it. Tried to post a pic, but it wouldn't upload.
    Thanks for the help.
    Dave

Default Re: Finding dried out dead larva...is this indicative of a disease or my paranoia?

After consulting a beekeeping guide I have, it looks like chalkbrood. Any ideas on how to deal with this successfully?

Default Re: Finding dried out dead larva...is this indicative of a disease or my paranoia?

Dave based on the info you have posted and with no pic, it is impossible to say why your larvae are dead.

The info you have posted is akin to saying "I found one of my horses dead, why is it dead?"

A photo of the larvae, plus a comb of capped brood, would be helpful.
    44 years, been commercial, outfits up to 4000 hives, now 120 hives and 200 nucs as a hobby, selling bees. T (mostly).

If what you have is chalkbrood, then make sure there is ventilation enough in the hive and replace the queen with new genetics. That's what I do myself anyways. Chalk can be in the genes, but moisture in spring and fall is what normally sets it off.
    “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” – John Muir

If you do nothing it will disapear as soon as the damp weather goes away

Could also be chilled brood if you have done any frame manipulation recently on a cool day....

Found out it was chalkbrood...thanks for the input!