Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

H. Tomas Krantz Beekeeping Supply

6K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  cryptobrian 
#1 ·
I ordered some equipment from them April 30th last year. It shipped on May 15th (a long time to process) with one of the items back ordered. I was notified that it would be shipped when they got more in stock. Ok great it took forever to get the initial order out but at least I would have that stuff. Well time went buy and honestly I forgot about the missing item. I remembered in January this year (it has not come in) so I emailed them one January 17th asking about it. I get a response on the 22nd stating of we're sorry they are in stock we'll get one out to you. Nothing. I finally emailed again on March 24th asking what the status is and have not heard anything.

Given my experience I would advise extreme caution in doing business with them. Hopefully someone connected with them will see this and maybe I can finally get my order delivered complete a year later.

#2 ·
it's a little like burning man, your gonna be in line for about 8hrs

they'll come, it's normal this time of year for packages and people to be a wits end and a little late.
don't put any negative vibes on your bees before they get here, sometimes misplace anger
can wreak havoc on the babies

#4 ·
I should update this to let you know I have received the missing item now a year after placing the initial order. It took a couple more emails, the first got no response and the second told me it had been shipped a month ago. Four days later I got an "order update" email indicating it was shipping and then finally received the item late last week.

I am glad that I finally received the item but the whole process here has been more than a little frustrating. It sounds like this is not the norm for HTK but I think it is unlikely I will do business with them again.

#8 ·
I ordered one of the Maxant extractors last June from them, which ships from the Maxant factory, and it came in about 2 weeks (as expected). However, I could be wrong, but shortly after that I read "something" that said they were having business issues of some sort, growing pains I think, and were going to stop taking orders from the general public. Like I said, I could be wrong, but obviously they are back in business now.

#9 ·
You are right. It sounds like they got a bit overwhelmed, particularly with the woodwork, and it was impacting quality of life:

In 2013 we decided that the growth of our business was too much to manage without damaging our family life. The 14 to 16 hour days were very rough on my health and my family as well as my employee's family lives as well. Honestly, the money wasn't worth the time loss with my family. Thus our woodenware business was sold. We are back to being beekeepers, honey and queen producers. In addition we still really enjoy the folks at Maxant and decided that we would keep their product line for sale online. We make just enough off the sales to keep the website alive and go out to dinner a few extra times a month. So we do offer extracting equipment for sale as well as other misc items we can still easily get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.