Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Most Painful Place to be Stung by a Bee

4K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  Capphd 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#4 ·
Took a sting to the back of the hand once. Since the temperature was hot, the veins in my hand were close to the surface. Maybe she put it in, or very close to a vein. But that was easily the worst sting I have had. My hand looked like a baseball glove, and the sting hurt like the devil. Typically I don't swell much, if at all.

Shane

#7 ·
Up until a week ago I would say the worst place to get stung was the nose, but I was stung directly in the arm pit last week while splitting hives and that sting flat out hurt for a whole day. Usually I only feel a sting for a few minutes, but that one lingered until the next morning. Stings to the face suck because of the swelling but the arm pit was 10 times the pain with no swelling.

#11 ·
It is true that all stings are not equal. They like to get behind my glasses and one in the eye sux but the one that hurt the most was on my ring finger between the first and second knuckle, where the skin is close to the bone. That one felt like someone hit it with a ball peen hammer! Hurt for a few days too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.