Default Filling internal feeders

Anyone have any good tips/tricks for filling internal feeders?

I was thinking a watering can. The feeder holds a gallon, but i know from years of drinking milk. Milk jugs don't always pour well.

Suggestions?
    Technology is great.....when it works.

Default Re: Filling internal feeders

I have used a watering can. I also have a funnel with a short section of garden hose on the end to give me a bigger target.

I think the goal is to try and eliminate spilling. Sugar syrup dripping out a hive could set up robbing if there is not a flow on.

Tom

I make the syrup at home then put it in 5 gallon totes that are used to hold water on camping trips and such. I found them in Wincos grocery store. You just buy the jug, install the pour valve and fill the frame feeders. When that jug is done I just unscrew the cap/nozzle and put it on a full jug and repeat!!
    Coyote Creek Bees

I use a fuel jug, w/out the spout. But mostly I use a pump system that I got from Mann Lake. How many hives do you have to feed?
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

Quote Originally Posted by brettj777 View Post
    I was thinking a watering can.
    That's what I use.

I use old, clear cat litter plastic containers that I find at the recycling facility. The kind that have the handle built into the side ... those handles make it easy to lift and pour w/o spilling .. They hold about two gallons. I mix it all at home (unless I can get it from a fellow beek), fill the "cat litter containers" and away we go. I've only +-30 hives.... Would have to figure out something else if I had more. I like the cap & ladder feeders from Mann Lake. No drowning bees, no burr comb in the feeders and the SHB don't bother with it........

I do have a turkey fryer that I use to heat the water. I mix it in 25 gallon plastic containers (using a paint mixer on drill) that I get free from a pool company.. (salt comes in them)...
    http://OxaVap.com
    Your source for the Varrox Vaporizer, "One of the highest ranked" by R. Oliver

I use gallon milk jugs. I may spill a bit but not much
    Janne....first hives April 2013, 19 hives, treat, plant zone 8b, at sea level, latitude 49.13, longitude 123.06