Default Where can I have honey sticks made?

Hi,

I've been searching the internet with no success trying to find a place that will put some of my honey into those sealed straws. I found a link to a thread on this site that promised suggestions, but the link came up dead. Sorry if this is a repeat question.

I'm in NY, so something either within driving distance or close enough to defray shipping costs, if possible. I want to give out some honey at an event, but don't have enough to fill 300 1.25 oz jars. While not a huge fan of the sticks myself, I'm thinking it will be a nice way to share the bounty with a large group, just so everyone gets a taste. Lots of kids will be there as well, so they should be a big hit.

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

DS

Default Re: Where can I have honey sticks made?

This has got to be one of the weirdest things related to beekeeping. It looks so simple, just fill a plastic tube with honey, heat seal the ends. I've looked and looked myself, even perusing the chinese sites looking. I'm not sure what the deal is, or why it's so difficult to find.

Rob

I think Glory Bee will do it with you're honey. 5 gallon buckets
    Dan

There is Nature's Kicks Honeystix in Salem, OR. Custom production is available.

http://www.originalhoneystix.com/cus...tion-c-10.html

I do my own, buy 500-1000 straws off Ebay, use a picnic mustard bottle for the honey, squeeze it in, impact seal it and I wrap them 10 at a time. I sell mine at the market for 1.50 for 10. Once you get the hang of it you can fill a lot in a short time.

Rtoney, would you care to share the model name/number of the impact sealer that you are using?
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Quote Originally Posted by rtoney View Post
    I do my own, buy 500-1000 straws off Ebay, use a picnic mustard bottle for the honey, squeeze it in, impact seal it and I wrap them 10 at a time. I sell mine at the market for 1.50 for 10. Once you get the hang of it you can fill a lot in a short time.
    Regular drinking straws? Or specifically for honey! And what brand of impact sealer do you use? Thanks!

I was watching some YouTube videos on this. They use the 10 inch regular straws and heat seal them.

I also seen a tool used to fill like 8 at a time. Appears all it was, consisted of fish aquarium parts. Hand pump and stainless steel air manifold to disburse the honey into the straws.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor those protected will never taste"

It is regular clear drinking straws and I have an Impulse Sealer from American International Electric Type AIE-200, you can find them on Ebay for not much money.