Default Hubam Clover ship price

Hi, All! I read on hubam clover here so thinking to order some for my bees this season. I only
    want a small amount to see if the bees will forage on them or not here. At $4 a pound, I emailed the seller for the shipping cost.
    Here is his response Shipping Rates
    10lbs - $15
    20lbs - $20
    30lbs - $27
    40lbs - $32
    50lbs - $38

I think I would order the 10 lbs at $15 shipping. Is this a good buy? If not can anybody direct me to a better source?
    Gratefulness is the key to a happy lifeIf we are not grateful then we will not be happy since we always want something +

Default Re: Hubam Clover ship price

The bees will forage hubam for sure. The question is will it grow well in your soil and climate and do you have enough to make any difference. I've never bought less than 50 lbs of clover seed at a time and usually not less than 250 lbs of clover seed at a time... In the last two weeks I bought 800 lbs of clover seed, some hubam, some white sweet, some yellow sweet, some white dutch, some alfalfa, some birdsfoot trefoil, some hairy vetch... it's hard to plant enough to make much difference...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Default Re: Hubam Clover ship price

Yes it does depends on the climate and soil we have locally.
    I think it is how many hives per acre you have. Let's say for 3 hives with
    10 acres all planted then there will be a big difference. Of course when there
    is a drought then nothing will be produced. I still think this year will be a good one.
    What is the good source to buy the Hubam at 50 lbs?
    Gratefulness is the key to a happy lifeIf we are not grateful then we will not be happy since we always want something +