Default artist looking for dead bees

Hi all,
    I am an artist looking for dead bees for a sculpture project that will bring attention and awareness to the ecological plight of our bees dying off! I will be happy to pay for shipping and also to offer some money for the bees and the help of getting them to me. I am hoping to acquire several thousand bees, so it will take a bunch of folks chipping in to accomplish this task. My condolences go out to those of you who have tragically lost your bee colonies.

Default Re: artist looking for dead bees

OK, I'm assuming you are not a troll, even though your question is peculiar, even mildly creepy.

You do know that dead bees can get stinky, right?

You won't need many beekeepers' dead outs because many single hives have thousands and thousand of bees.

Also deed bees don't stay bee-looking for very long, as they dessicate and change after death (don't we all?)

I can't help you as my hives have all survived, despite the widely circulated press reports of Bee-Apocalypse.

Most hives coming out of winter will have many (naturally senescent) bees on their bottom boards, so if you can get there before the morgue bees begin tidying up, any local apiary could supply them to you.

Enjambres

OMG. Too bad your are not in Indiana. I have 9 dead hives you could have.

Nope, not a troll! I am used to people finding me peculiar, but most do not find me creepy. Though I do make some possibly creepy sculptures!

I have some senescent (is that word less creepy?) bees in my studio and have not noticed a smell. I will be researching ways of preserving the bees, but just wanted to see if I could procure any first!

I am happy for you and your hives!

I assure you all....I have nothing but the best of intentions toward all bee beings!

BoilerJim,

Would it be possible for you to ship some of the bees to me? I would be happy to pay for the shipping and for your time and efforts!

Welcome!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com