Default Sticky On How To Post Photos?

I have tried to post photos several times with no success. I also noticed others with the same problem. Is there any chance a sticky can be posted to lead us through the process?

Default Re: Sticky On How To Post Photos?

Quote Originally Posted by marant View Post
    I have tried to post photos several times with no success. I also noticed others with the same problem. Is there any chance a sticky can be posted to lead us through the process?
    use photobucket or similar hosting service, copy and paste img url code into beesource post

I don't know what a sticky is but when I post pictures I've noticed 2 things: 1, the files size needs to be less than about 1.2 megs and 2, I use Google Chrome as my main browser and I can't post pics with Chrome. I have to use Internet Explorer. Hope this helps.

Its not a "sticky", but there is photo help in the FAQ area. Here is a link to the specific FAQ:
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/faq....b3_attachments

The file/pixel size limitations are not mere suggestions. You must be within the limits or your image will not upload.

You can also choose to host your images elsewhere (Photobucket, Flickr, etc) and provide a link here. If you do this and want to display the images "inline" in your post, copy the "IMG" link that your photo host provides and paste it into your Beesource message.

You can test how your images/post will look (verify that it works) before you post by using the "Preview" button. If you don't see a Preview button, then first click the "Advanced" button instead to see additional choices.
    Graham
    --- HVAC design via ESP ... Who'd a thunk it ...

Quote Originally Posted by JustinH View Post
    I don't know what a sticky is but when I post pictures I've noticed 2 things: 1, the files size needs to be less than about 1.2 megs and 2, I use Google Chrome as my main browser and I can't post pics with Chrome. I have to use Internet Explorer. Hope this helps.
    I use chrome all the time.

If you don't know how to resize an image a really easy way is to get (free) Picasa photo editor from Google, then open the picture and email it to yourself from inside the program. Then like Rader said play with the preview function. There are several steps from start to finish and they are different depending on where your pictures live on the internet. You want "free image hosting which allows hotlinking"if you are baffled by terms like that or "just copy and paste the image URL" then Google and YouTube are your guides. Good luck.
    Last edited by David LaFerney; 03-23-2014 at 08:42 AM.
    Since '09-25H-T-Z6b

194kb at 72dpi, 640 by 480 pixels is the maximum file size for images. Learn to resize if you want to use the attachment feature.
    Regards, Barry

Thanks, everyone. I have been using Dropbox with Firefox, so it should work. I think my files are probably too large. I expected the fail message to give a reason so did not suspect file size. I will try again sometime.