Default Anyone here ever deal with Commerical Bee Boxes?

My sideline operation is going to expand in the next few years. I found Commercial Bee Boxes out of Hazel, South Dakota, selling commercial grade hive bodies for 9.75 a piece. Anyone here ever used their hive bodies? Are they good boxes? I plan on purchasing a few hundred over the next year or so. Anyone know of a better price?
    Thanks for your time.
    16 y, 30 hives ULBN, treat when needed.

Default Re: Anyone here ever deal with Commerical Bee Boxes?

Good people to deal with, precision cut wooden ware. I wouldn't buy their "budget" grade, though. I did one time and regretted it.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

The secret of buying budget boxes is finding someone who doesn't sell scrap boxes.
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

Last time I checked, Browning Cut Stock in Idaho had deeps for $9.50 each. Good boxes.

I am a new beekeeper so I don't have much experience to fall back on. I bought 100 deeps and 50 mediums last year from them. I picked them up while I was in SD for a hunting trip. I have no complaints, but I've not used any others so I don't have anything to compare them to. The three hives that I started with were cypress and had rabbets instead of box joints. I have been a woodworker most of my life so one feature that they have on their boxes that appealed to me and why I tried their boxes in the first place was that the inside corners of the box joint are round. It assembles very easily, kind of like a funnel as you start to assemble and then it meets the round from the othe piece so it closes up. It makes sense to me of course but not so easy to explain. I will buy from them again.
    Don

Shastina has great prices too: http://www.shastinamillwork.com/