Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Wolf Creek Apiary

Does anyone do their homework before they order from someone? If you did and didn't like what you found, why did you order from them? Receiving damaged goods in the mail is one thing, but looking at the seller face to face and choosing to go through with the sale, THAT'S ON YOU! Not taking sides on any matter because we all know that when a deal goes bad there are at least 3 sides to the story; your side, his side & the truth of what really happened. What ever happened to " Personal Responsibility?" Don't like the deal, walk away, that simple. If you choose to go through with it, your baby, don't complain & blame someone else because YOU made a bad choice. No offense to anyone, just facts.
    Beeman
    All things may be lawful; but not all things are advantagous.

Y'all need to take chill pill. This thread was started because I was not able to make contact with the Seaborns. They are not exactly spring chickens and I was more concerned for their health and well being and secondarily the order I have in place.
    The cause of the disconnected phone line was due to a wreck that happened down the road from them which caused all the residents to lose phone service. I had spoken to them several times prior to this posting and they have been more than helpful with advice amongst other things. Since the repair of the line I have been in communication with both of them and have even received emails after midnight with a status of the orders. Mrs. Seaborn always responds to to emails but had no service for about a week. I have only dealt with established hives and never packs or nucs. So I can only imagine what its like to have to fill orders for demanding whiny customers who feel their order is the most important. The bees will be ready when they get ready. I do know there is a huge demand right now and they are getting ramped up to make sure everyone's order is taken care of. I am completely prepared to accept responsibility for placing this order but have complete faith they will follow through with the order and do everything right to ensure it is of the best quality they can deliver. Mr. Bush.... I agree with the statement you posted earlier; It aint shoes or books!
    Latitude 33.401557
    Longitude -86.830949

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan151 View Post
    I called and talked to Ruth in January, she had time to chat then, and answered all my questions. We agreed on a future payment date, that day came. I paid for my bees, she actually remembered our previous conversation. I am sure that on or about my promised shipping date I will get a notice, and I will take it from there! The off season is great for conversation!
    Got a call from Wolf Creek that my bees were to ship on May 6th, they were in Green Bay the night of the 7th. I did not expect the 10pm phone call that my bees are ready for pickup. I picked them up Thursday afternoon, the 8th, and installed them that evening. I released the queens on the 10th, and three of the four have been going like gangbusters. The 4th one, the one I had the least problems installing or releasing the queen with, was still not laying as of last Saturday. I put in a frame of eggs and larva from a laying hive, checked 48 hours later, no queen cells and they had fully drawn out that comb to boot. On that same Saturday I did find the queen so I know she is there. All in all, I am very happy with my Wolf Creek Bees, now if I can just get that 4th one laying or re-queened and all will be good.

I've bought ~25 packages from John/Ruth for various newbies with no issues over the last 3-4 years. They are one of the closest package suppliers to me and make deliveries to my area.
    Solo for the last 4 Years, ~60 Hives, TF + Oils.
    http://tradingwebsites4bees.com

I bought 13 packages from Wolf Creek Bees in January 2014. They arrived as promised early April and have been doing great. I found Ruth to be very easy to work with. I needed to make a last minute change to my order which Ruth seemingly effortlessly accommodated. I had a great experience.

Chester County Honey - www.chestercountyhoney.com

Smile Re: Wolf Creek Apiary

I ordered 13 packages from Wolf Creek Apiaries this Spring. They shipped right on time to PA. The USPS did take about 4 or 5 days on a two day priority shipping order to get them to me, but when they arrived, they were in excellent condition and have been doing well ever since. I would buy from Wolf Creek Apiaries again.

I bought one package in mid may and it has been trouble free. Arrived with very few dead bees. Great communication in my case.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12