Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wolf Creek Apiary

I'm on the list to get a few packages from WCA but I've been calling today to bump up my delivery date. No answer and the phone company recording states that it can't connect my call. Just checking with the rest of world out there to see if anyone knows anything. Thanks in advance for any up dates!
    A11
    Latitude 33.401557
    Longitude -86.830949

Default Re: Wolf Creek Apiary

I e mailed them a question about packages, and it took about three weeks to get a response, not sure if that is just typical of them. I believe it s just two of them doing all the work.
    16 y, 30 hives ULBN, treat when needed.

When you have a one man (or even a man and woman) show, it's impossible to get the beework done while answering constant questions. You have to do one or the other...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

I have bought from them for a couple years, but they do get your bee's to you on time. They have called before, wanting to know if I would like my bee's early. Like MB said they are a mom and pop out fit, they are hard at making package's. Just email and they will get back to you.

Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bush View Post
    When you have a one man (or even a man and woman) show, it's impossible to get the beework done while answering constant questions. You have to do one or the other...
    Even when its more than a one man show its tough!!!!!! Most people fail to realize that when its time to roll with the bees its time to roll. Questions and change orders are best dealt in the off season as much as possible... Not that we don't try to accommodate people. Secretaries and people sitting around to process change orders are all increased expenses. With everyone looking to get them for free already it doesn't help the bottom line of getting people the product at as low of a price as possible. HELP!!!

http://wolfcreekbees.com/contact.asp

John lives close to me and I got some bees from him last year. I have some on order with him right now. They do live rural and phone lines may be down. We had a lot of ice here last week so there may be an issue. As far as I know they are just a two person operation. Email may be your best option even with phone lines working.

I have ordered bees from them twice. Communication is not always their strong point; however, they are very nice and I always received my packages in a timely manner. I found that email was the best way to contact them.

Alpha if you would like to pm me your info, I can try an email to there daughter in law to relay the message. Pat

Many others, myself included, have had trouble with Wolf Creek. There is another thread somewhere that covers this here on the forum. My guess is he just didnt pay his bill. Its a very hardscrabble outfit. The hives I bought from him were homemade from old pallets that he pulled out of the trash.

I got off the phone with them the other day and apparently someone had a wreck near their home and hit a junction/service box and it took out the entire area. Took several days to fix and my order is on the list. The check is in the mail and I am anxiously waiting.
    Latitude 33.401557
    Longitude -86.830949

Quote Originally Posted by mythomane View Post
    Many others, myself included, have had trouble with Wolf Creek. There is another thread somewhere that covers this here on the forum. My guess is he just didnt pay his bill. Its a very hardscrabble outfit. The hives I bought from him were homemade from old pallets that he pulled out of the trash.
    I am curious when you purchased hives from John. I've known him for over 10 years & he hasn't built and sold any "hives" in that time, only bees. Unless you mean nuc boxes. Even those I think he buys from someone else. He's not selling them now to my knowledge.

John & Ruth are good people, not perfect by any means. I have never known them not to make it right as long as the problem really was theirs & not the buyers error. No one makes that right that I know of.
    Beeman
    All things may be lawful; but not all things are advantagous.

I agree beeman

>Many others, myself included, have had trouble with Wolf Creek. There is another thread somewhere that covers this here on the forum.

This is the first I've heard of it.

I've noticed a lot of people don't seem to understand how this works. It's not a warehouse full of items that you ship to people. You have to raise the bees and raise the queens and catch the queens and package them up and mail them. In a small operation that takes all of your time and if it's a lot of small orders that is a lot of customers to try to interact with while you are doing all the work. Then the weather throws you a curve, or even the weather of the previous winter that leaves you with less resources. It's not like selling shoes or books...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

It's not like selling shoes or books!!!!

Right on. I have had a good handful of people call this week wanting to "stop by" and pick up some bees. Unless you have had the opportunity to run a lot of bees for a long time you will have no clue that the "canned beans" approach just isn't in the model. Its why Safeway doesn't sell package bees. Package bees have a shorter life shelf life than road kill at a turkey vulture convention. Give the folks a break. Bees are about multi-year relationship when it comes to purchaser and supplier. As a buyer you must realize this. if you aren't willing to accept and accord the commiserate slack then maybe you ought to consider a reevaluation of your expectations.

I called and talked to Ruth in January, she had time to chat then, and answered all my questions. We agreed on a future payment date, that day came. I paid for my bees, she actually remembered our previous conversation. I am sure that on or about my promised shipping date I will get a notice, and I will take it from there! The off season is great for conversation!

I bought a package from them last year. Everything went smoothly, despite my nervousness. When I did catch John on the phone, he was a wealth of information, giving me useful tips and was extremely patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bush View Post
    >Many others, myself included, have had trouble with Wolf Creek. There is another thread somewhere that covers this here on the forum.

This is the first I've heard of it.

I've noticed a lot of people don't seem to understand how this works. It's not a warehouse full of items that you ship to people. You have to raise the bees and raise the queens and catch the queens and package them up and mail them. In a small operation that takes all of your time and if it's a lot of small orders that is a lot of customers to try to interact with while you are doing all the work. Then the weather throws you a curve, or even the weather of the previous winter that leaves you with less resources. It's not like selling shoes or books...
    um, yeah. been keeping bees now treatment free for 20 years. here is the link, easily found by searching the forum :
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...ght=wolf+creek

My issue here is that when a new thread starts up it whitewashes the past because people do not know how or forget how to use the search function.
    Last edited by mythomane; 03-26-2014 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey-4-All View Post
    It's not like selling shoes or books!!!!

Right on. I have had a good handful of people call this week wanting to "stop by" and pick up some bees. Unless you have had the opportunity to run a lot of bees for a long time you will have no clue that the "canned beans" approach just isn't in the model. Its why Safeway doesn't sell package bees. Package bees have a shorter life shelf life than road kill at a turkey vulture convention. Give the folks a break. Bees are about multi-year relationship when it comes to purchaser and supplier. As a buyer you must realize this. if you aren't willing to accept and accord the commiserate slack then maybe you ought to consider a reevaluation of your expectations.

>My issue here is that when a new thread starts up it whitewashes the past because people do not know how or forget how to use the search function.
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...ght=wolf+creek

16 raving reviews and 4 unhappy ones. And if I remember right that was the year they got hit with a tornado... I have bought packages from many reputable dealers and sometimes the post office kills them. Sometimes the weather doesn't cooperate and they are late. One of the negative reviews was that John showed up with a truckload of packages, which apparently (if you read a few more posts down) he got from Don "Fatbeeman" who also raises small cell bees...

I'm just saying that a lot of what happens raising and selling bees is not in your control. How hard the winter was, when it rains that spring, how many people want bees, how well that first batch of queens went... and there is no way a small outfit can afford to have a full time person just answering the phone at the busiest time of the year for bee work... There are enough places that never make things right, I can't see complaining about someone who apparently is doing their best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast