Default Bird house bees - a decade old - dragged back to my yard for cut-out (video)

Yes, sometimes bird houses fall from trees which contain honeybee colonies that are a decade old.

Good thing is, they can then be dragged back to my back yard in order to be removed and placed in a "proper" hive.

The opening shot of this video is NOT my yard, however - lol.

www.savebeesflorida.com (Honeybee removals and top bar hives)

Default Re: Bird house bees - a decade old - dragged back to my yard for cut-out (video)

Really neat video! Thanks for posting.

Phil

Default Re: Bird house bees - a decade old - dragged back to my yard for cut-out (video)

Quote Originally Posted by philip.devos View Post
    Really neat video! Thanks for posting.

Phil
    Thanks for the feedback.

I try my best to edit my videos where they don't dwell too long on something. I'm not going to show myself looking for the queen for ten minutes, for example. In this particular cut-out, I spent a good half hour looking, dumping, looking, dumping, etc. You all would have HATED to endure junk like that !!!

Just curious, how come you didn't just place the queen inside the hive?
    No one famous.

Good vid Pat. Seems like the queen isn't acting right. Hopefully, she will recover. Keep us in the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee Whisperer View Post
    Just curious, how come you didn't just place the queen inside the hive?
    I was respecting her wish to stay outside for those few moments. She obviously wasn't darting about like a normal queen, so I felt she needed a few moments of recovery time.

But after I stopped the film rolling, I did finally coax her in and closed it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Beeman View Post
    Good vid Pat. Seems like the queen isn't acting right. Hopefully, she will recover. Keep us in the loop.
    Yes, thanks.

Yesterday I opened the hive to clean the floor of various debris and to check on Queenie. She was crawling about in fine fashion. I think everything will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by PatBeek View Post
    Yes, thanks.

Yesterday I opened the hive to clean the floor of various debris and to check on Queenie. She was crawling about in fine fashion. I think everything will be fine.
    Thanks for the update on the queen. I was wondering about her.

Phil