Default Need swarm trap tips

Hello all I have 4 swarm nuc traps that I've built this year and plan to deploy come spring, they are all 5 frame with 1 frame of drawn comb and the rest of the frames are plasti cell with wax coating. I have lemon grass oil I plan to use also with them. I was just curious of placement, when i should make sure that they're deployed , I live in south central Illinois, and any other tips you all have to offer will be appreciated!! Thanks!

Default Re: Need swarm trap tips

Quote Originally Posted by Firerescue View Post
    Hello all I have 4 swarm nuc traps that I've built this year and plan to deploy come spring, they are all 5 frame with 1 frame of drawn comb and the rest of the frames are plasti cell with wax coating. I have lemon grass oil I plan to use also with them. I was just curious of placement, when i should make sure that they're deployed , I live in south central Illinois, and any other tips you all have to offer will be appreciated!! Thanks!
    Hello:
    There are many threads on this topic and most of them are extremely informative just type in "Swarm Trap Placement" in the search bar.. Here is one of them. Good luck and happy trapping.
    Colino
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...trap+placement
    A Bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it rains.- Robert Frost