Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Spring Queen Cells

7K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  AstroZomBEE 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I added some more photos to the album linked above at one of our bigger mating yards, probably has upwards of 2000 splits in it. I've very well suited for mating, an old orange grove replanted in pine trees, and right next to a current orange grove.

#5 ·
Great pictures, especially since there is no snow. Thanks for sharing. Question from someone who knows nothing about queen rearing. What is the picture of with the horizontal frame-tray like things with circular things in rows? (Lots of unknown "things" in that sentence!)

#9 ·
May i remind you that its all in what you see and never about what you don't see. My guess is that the frames to the side are less than 98%. Not discounting the way these sweet ones look at all. Nicely done. Anyone who thinks 98% is possible all the time has been watching to many news clips about "all " the people swishing half court shots. The ones that bricked never make the news.I suspect its the same here and with other cell shots we see.

Bound to be some 100%'ers from someone on here. Think I'll move a few cells around and post a few "cell-o-shopped" pics.

#20 ·
The ones I get are great, Very durable boxes, metal reinforced lids. Also a layer of hard plastic where the frames rest, and where the cover touches the nuc box makes for easy scraping when they get propolised/waxes up.

I can make nucs earlier than normal with less bees and still get good results because of the insulation value of the box.

We have probably 2000, we have ordered a few semi loads, they come out of Canada.

Aaron

#23 ·
@snl i cant say i remember at the moment, id have to go into my books and look, i'll look on monday when im back in the office.

it was a bit of a ordeal if i remember correctly, dealing with customs and all, and im pretty sure a semi load was the minimum order

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.