Default Greetings From Georgia

I have no experience in beekeeping. I am currently educating myself and plan to start with a few hives next year. My location is about one hour east of Atlanta. I look forward to learning from others on this great site.

Default Re: Greetings From Georgia

georgia is a great state to keep bees in.
    i saw packages coming out of georgia
    have a great time on here

Welcome to beesource. You'll find a nice variety of advice to try with your own hives. Some things will work great for you and other won't.

Welcome to the wonderful world of beekeeping.

I would suggest you use the below link to find the local beekeeping club closest to where you're at and get to know the local beekeepers. They will be a great source of information and help -- along with Beesource of course.

http://www.gabeekeeping.com/local_clubs.html

Quote Originally Posted by GaSteve View Post
    I would suggest you use the below link to find the local beekeeping club closest to where you're at and get to know the local beekeepers.
    http://www.gabeekeeping.com/local_clubs.html
    Thanks. I went to a meeting last night in Watkinsville. I was impressed with how many people were in attendance - 50 or more. They had a very good speaker. The UGA Honey Bee Lab is nearby and one of the researchers was at the meeting. I got the impression that there is a tremendous amount of knowledge in that club - Eastern Piedmont Beekeepers Association.

Greetings and welcome. Beekeeping in Ga is great and so are the people doing it. Glad you made a local meeting.

Welcome. You're in for a great time with a satisfying but sometimes frustrating hobby. My biggest advice is to use the information here to at least try to prepare for all the pesky little problems you can (and probably will) have. Small hive beetles are real and a pretty good issue here in Georgia as are all the other pests. Keep a strong healthy hive and you'll enjoy the experience much more.

Welcome!!
    Donny

Welcome!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Welcome in
    Ed

Thank you for the warm welcome. So far I have found honeybees and beekeeping to be very interesting. I will spend the next year educating myself and getting my equipment in order. No matter how prepared I will be I expect to make my share of mistakes. That's not a problem because I learn from my mistakes. I also learn from others' mistakes so I will be watching the threads for lessons on what not to do.

Thank you for the warm welcome. So far I have found honeybees and beekeeping to be very interesting. I will spend the next year educating myself and getting my equipment in order. No matter how prepared I will be I expect to make my share of mistakes. That's not a problem because I learn from my mistakes. I also learn from others' mistakes so I will be watching the threads for lessons on what not to do.