Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What to ask "monsanto foundation rep"

What is the point of hammering a representative of Monsanto? It is not his fault it is his job. We should be hammering our representatives in congress who are on the take. If you are going to listen to a presentation then listen and believe or not believe. I probably wouldn't believe but giving the guy a hard time will not comfort you in the end. Chances are he is a nice guy and believes in what he is doing.
    Brian Cardinal
    Zone 5a, Practicing non-intervention beekeeping

"It is not his fault it is his job."
    "Chances are he is a nice guy and believes in what he is doing."

What??? You feel sorry that she was forced into a job that she believes in. It's most people's dream to do for a living something they believe in. Sometimes what you believe in is called into question, because it's Monsanto that's being questioned it's a problem?? If you bothered to read the whole post you would see, your he is a she, and that the OP simply passed the questions on through a third person. Ace, if you think that is a hammering then you have never experienced the real world.

VARyan:

"It's most people's dream to do for a living something they believe in."

I hope that the above statement is true, because I know so many retirees that quit their jobs the first day that it was possible. I have known too many people that just hated their jobs, but they kept them out of what they thought was necessity. I will be 75 years old in a few days, and I still work part time as a consulting petroleum engineer. I have loved my work all of my life, and I still do. It's been like my marriage, long and successful with some bumps in the road.

The Monsanto rep is simply giving a canned speech, and she is not far enough up the chain to have any input into company policy. Were I her leader, I would have her pass out questionnaires out about concerns the audience has about Monsanto and the agricultural community. i have worked for Monsanto as an oil and gas consultant, and they have treated me with great respect. I will treat them the same.

Many of us think our only way to truth is to question, and to some extent this is true. But any great sales person will tell you, it's just as important to listen and listen and listen.

This has been an interesting thread.