Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

new in wisconsin

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Mr.Beeman 
#1 ·
hello everyone, just thought ide introduce myself here. my names mike, and im a 30 year old former marine thats just starting out in beekeeping. i breed exotic animals and do educational shows for a living, and i thought ide add bees to my list for a few reasons. one is i have sugar glider colonies. they go through quite a bit of honey as a part of their staple diet. the other major reason is i would love to be able to bring an observation hive with me to my educational shows. im in the racine area which should make all of this a harsh sink or swim lesson this year, but ive been doing my homework, now all i need is the experience. if anyone is in the area and feels like inviting me over for a tour ide love to take you up on it. if not im sure ill be able to muddle through on my own -laughs-

#5 ·
thanks for a warm welcome guys. i have noticed that there is a lot of good information on this site and ive been slowly devouring it day by day. i did find something nice for beginners just recently. you can download first lessons in beekeeping by dadant for free on nook and a lot of other electronic book readers and book reader programs. saves a few bucks, especially if you just shelled out half a grand for all of the equipment and a good package to start off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.