Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Macon, GA USA
    Posts
    952

    Default Small cut comb containers

    Does anyone know if these items are available in the U.S.? The tub holds a 5-6 oz. piece of cut comb with a decorative box.

    http://www.beekeeping.co.uk/honey-harvesting/containers

    http://www.beekeeping.co.uk/honey-ha...tainer-sleeves

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    knoxville, tn
    Posts
    647

    Default Re: Small cut comb containers

    Kelley's carries something close to that.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perth Western Australia
    Posts
    194

    Default Re: Small cut comb containers

    I use 500ml takeaway (to go)containers. the depth is right and present very well for the cost.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    St. Albans, Vermont
    Posts
    5,540

    Default Re: Small cut comb containers

    I think the UK cut comb box is a terrible container for showing off your beautiful comb honey. With opaque bottom, you can't see the comb. Also, the corners are rounded so if you cut the comb to fill the container, the corners get squished when you force the comb into the bottom…or you cut it small, or you trim the corners.

    The US standard cut comb box is 4x4 and holds about 12 oz. The company that makes this box…Pioneer Plastics…is considering making a half size box that would hold about 6 oz. It would be a good container for combs that weren't fully capped to the bottom bar. Call them and put a bug in their ear.
    270-639-9143

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Macon, GA USA
    Posts
    952

    Default Re: Small cut comb containers

    I have actually used these once before. I can't remember where I got them - door prize I think. You do have to make the cuts a bit smaller because of the round corners and the box is slightly tapered -- the top is a bit larger than the bottom. What I liked about them was the opaque bottom not just to hide visual imperfections but also it's no big deal if they're not 100% drained or if some cells get busted and leak. I don't think liquid honey in the bottom of the 4x4 box looks appealing. Also, I remember getting exactly 10 cuts per shallow frame - easy to cut around parts that don't look good on either side. The other thing I remember with the 4x4s is the covers would get scratched up, even from just stacking them.

    But I do agree, for large cuts that are perfectly capped and perfectly drained, the clear 4x4s look gorgeous.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Dixon, KY USA
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Small cut comb containers

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Palmer View Post
    The US standard cut comb box is 4x4 and holds about 12 oz. The company that makes this box…Pioneer Plastics…is considering making a half size box that would hold about 6 oz. It would be a good container for combs that weren't fully capped to the bottom bar. Call them and put a bug in their ear.
    270-639-9143
    Thanks for the shout out on our honey containers. We are proud of entire container line and have many options that work well for the comb honey. We have completed the 155C container (the half size box) and are shipping those now. The link to the new container is https://www.pioneerplastics.com/shop...ontainer/155c/ . Please call us for bulk pricing at 1-800-551-1551.

    We love to hear from the bee community on what sizes are needed and try to help if we can.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perth Western Australia
    Posts
    194

    Default Re: Small cut comb containers

    Quote Originally Posted by GaSteve View Post
    Does anyone know if these items are available in the U.S.? The tub holds a 5-6 oz. piece of cut comb with a decorative box. http://www.beekeeping.co.uk/honey-harvesting/containers http://www.beekeeping.co.uk/honey-ha...tainer-sleeves
    Associated with the container. What do you charge for he honey comb. Using the 500ml takeaway (to go) containers which cost me 15 cents, I price my honey comb for direct sale by my self at $48 per kg. ( about $22 per pound).

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Dixon, KY USA
    Posts
    2

    Exclamation Re: Small cut comb containers

    Quote Originally Posted by PioneerPlastics View Post
    Thanks for the shout out on our honey containers. We are proud of entire container line and have many options that work well for the comb honey. We have completed the 155C container (the half size box) and are shipping those now. The link to the new container is https://www.pioneerplastics.com/shop...ontainer/155c/ . Please call us for bulk pricing at 1-800-951-1551.

    We love to hear from the bee community on what sizes are needed and try to help if we can.

    Apparently I was showing off my lack of typing skills when I posted this previously. I typed our phone number incorrectly it should be 1-800-951-1551. I hope this didn't cause any confusion.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ads