Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: transporting packages

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrass View Post

If I had a box trailer I thin I would buy a roof top ac unit for an RV, New they are only about 500.00, used can be had for next to nothing. Installed in the roof and wired to a thermostat and Generator you could have complete control over the temp in the trailer.
    Perhaps, but I wouldnt count on it. Certainly there is a size which would work but the cooling capacities of rv units would be sized for cooling such a space but may well be inadequate to overcome the heat and humidity generated by 500 packages.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

800 miles you better take a second driver.
    Our trip is 850+ miles and we run from evening to early morning. 18 years at hauling packages.
    I customs build my 16' bee hauler a few years back. The largest load we have transport with it was 900 packages.

[QUOTE=The Honey Householder;1064888]800 miles you better take a second driver.
    Our trip is 850+ miles and we run from evening to early morning. 18 years at hauling packages.
    I customs build my 16' bee hauler a few years back. The largest load we have transport with it was 900 packages.[/

What are you using honey householder?

If it's feasible, you might consider changing the hubs on the trailer to match those of the tow vehicle. It's nice to have only one bolt pattern and tire size to deal with.
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

Any way to get any insurance coverage on the value of the bees?
    larry

My hauler is built from a 16' v-nose box trailer. Custom air gate on the front and back for air flow while moving. Front mounted fans with generate for backup. It get new tires every 3 years ( to much riding on them).

LT. I haven't found a company yet that will cover the bees. They will cover everything but.

I got loyds of london to cover them once. They dropped me in about 3 days after they issued the policy. Business insurance with issue transit issuance that covers them, but not if you transport your self. I have some retailers who buy from me and they get their portion of the load covered with transit insurance. My portion is not covered at all.
    Always question Conventional Wisdom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12