Default crystallization of different honeys?

I got asked a question I couldn't answer today. Why are some honeys, like goldenrod for example, more prone to crystallization than others. Is the water content naturally lower? Any better answers than I gave would be much appreciated. Thanks beeks!

Default Re: crystallization of different honeys?

I web searched Crystallization of Honey and found a paper by Kahlil Hamdan by that same title which explains things well. In short it a matter of different proportions of different sugars in the honey which effects how honey crystallizes.
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

I was told that the higher the glucose, the quicker it crystallizes. All honey contains mostly glucose and fructose.

Does anyone know the glucose/fructose ratio for various honey varieties? If you're diabetic, glucose may not be what you want. If you're not diabetic, glucose is much better for you than fructose.

Thanks Mark that was exactly what I was looking for! c10250 There is a table that shows the faster crystallizing honeys in the paper Mark referenced but it dosen't show glucose/fructose ratios, that would be interesting to see. Thanks to both of you!

One of our members country rubes has a good pdf file on crystallization here.
    countryrubes.com/images/Honey_Crystallization.pdf
    Dan