Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Queens and nucs from Old Sol 2014.... Survivor Stock, F1 Caucasians, VSH/SMR

I must be losing it....I was on your site late one night and it was going to allow me to order queens from an online store (I thought). I went back this AM to complete the transaction, and lo, no online store!?. I'll call or email, but do you have online ordering option, and when are 2014 survivor queens available? Thanks.
    I don't keep bees, I tend bees. Does this make me a beet?
    Sea level, Puget Sound, USDA 7a-7b

Default Re: Queens and nucs from Old Sol 2014.... Survivor Stock, F1 Caucasians, VSH/SMR

I am not sure what happened there. We start shipping in a couple weeks and are currently booking orders for early June. There will probably be some spot availability before then depending on how good the mating conditions are. I will be posting here anytime there is surplus available.
    John B Jacob www.oldsolbees.com

[IMG]http://lh3.ggpht.com/-jpJVHv64QzI/U4JzXLfQA-I/AAAAAAAAAZw/Vc3KA3gRuEg/s1600/20140521_103617.jpg[IMG]

http://lh3.ggpht.com/-jpJVHv64QzI/U4...521_103617.jpg

We will have nice queens available from cells like these.

Yields have been very good so we can take some more early June orders.
    Last edited by JBJ; 05-26-2014 at 06:27 PM. Reason: image not showing up

Like your story, whats the weather like there, Im east coast piedmont, any history on survival rate here?

I got 2.nice big fat queens.laying like troopers.
    thx

Those are very nice cells,John. You just Know those are going to make great queens!

Would like to know when the caucasians will be ready i am thinking maybe around some time in late june or july i still want a couple of them.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    Would like to know when the caucasians will be ready i am thinking maybe around some time in late june or july i still want a couple of them.
    Thomas
    Since they came in nucs I should be able to start grafting this week. We should have them mated and laying in about 4 weeks give or take. They were about a month late getting here but are looking really good and no introduction period necessary.

Thats awesome to hear i can't wait to get some and add to my bloodline in my yard seems like half oof my queens are coming out italians instead of a dark carni but i will be taking care of this matter this fall.

Thomas

Yep me too, would like to try some, PM'd you for details. Thanks. G

Just got my Queen in. Nice dark color. Thanks JBJ.
    Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.