Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Queens and nucs from Old Sol 2014.... Survivor Stock, F1 Caucasians, VSH/SMR

2014 is off to a great start and the bees are extra frisky this year. This year we are grafting queens from about a dozen of our Survivor Stock Breeders, Two II Caucasians (from WSU program), and 3 II VSH/SMR form Dr Harbo.

Please see our website for pricing & details: www.oldsolbees.com or contact us at oldsolbees@gmail.com

Stay tuned for updates as we are working on a Next Day Nuc project for overnight shipping of 4 frame western nucs on 6 & 5/8 foundation. We are working on a custom shipping carton and I will post details as they become available. Feel free to contact me if you may be interested.

We have been working towards highly productive, mite tolerant, disease resistant bees since 2000.
    John B Jacob www.oldsolbees.com

Default Re: Queens and nucs from Old Sol 2014.... Survivor Stock, F1 Caucasians, VSH/SMR

Price on the Caucasians?

Default Re: Queens and nucs from Old Sol 2014.... Survivor Stock, F1 Caucasians, VSH/SMR

We are asking $40 for the Caucasians... they are not part of our main production line at this time.

What are your Caucasians cross with are they cross with Carni's or Italians and when would they be ready.

Thomas Yancey

What are your Caucasians cross with are they cross with Carni's or Italians and when would they be ready.

Thomas Yancey

In general they will be crossed with our Hygienic Survivor Stock.

Thumbs Up Re: Queens and nucs from Old Sol 2014.... Survivor Stock, F1 Caucasians, VSH/SMR

We now have a few working prototypes for our styrene nuc shipping carton. I am excited to be able to send a four frame western (6& 5/8) frame nuc next day delivery or two day express. Queen acceptance should be a non issue as she will be with her own bees and well vetted.

When you say your survivor stock will the offspring's come out dark or light i have some Caucasians from Homans and i am trying to cross them with carni's and i have found that dark bees do not have to much problems with mites as do the light bees i am trying to get a real dark bee like the old midnite bees from the 70's if possible but the Caucasians i am after the drones. Do you have any that are mated with Caucasian drones if so how much and when will your Caucasian be ready to ship.

Thomas Yancey

Quote Originally Posted by JBJ View Post
    We now have a few working prototypes for our styrene nuc shipping carton. I am excited to be able to send a four frame western (6& 5/8) frame nuc next day delivery or two day express. Queen acceptance should be a non issue as she will be with her own bees and well vetted.
    What would be the cost of this option shipped to 07436?

I would also like to know the cost of this option shipped to 37148. Thanks
    Beeman
    All things may be lawful; but not all things are advantagous.

Max weight would be about 20 lbs... Fed Ex
    Standard overnight $185 for shipping
    Two day express shipping would be $127
    delivered to your residence...

The price of the bees will be the same as our pick up deep nucs @ $130, so total price will depend on your shipping option.

Fedex overnight shipping would be $185 for standard, and $127 for two day. These numbers are from the online FedEx shipping calculator and may very a little. The nuc would be $130

Do you need the full $130 to put a reservation for a nuc in, or a deposit or...? This would be local pick up, we're more or less "down the road" a ways.

How much for your queens and when would they be ready to ship.

Thomas

Thanks for the heads up, John. Looking forward to some of your new queens this year.

Corinne
    Brookings, Or

Quote Originally Posted by JBJ View Post
    Fedex overnight shipping would be $185 for standard, and $127 for two day. These numbers are from the online FedEx shipping calculator and may very a little. The nuc would be $130
    Thank you for the reply.

Hey JBJ, what's the best way to reach you??

You could PM me now... Not sure I should put my cell phone on here. Email is good to oldsolbees@gmail.com I am working on communications this morning.

Its been a busy week... 5 semi loads of bees put into the pears in 4 days. Finally feeling recovered and ready to set up cell builders.

For those that would like to estimate shipping on the 4 frame nucs:

Use Fedex shipping calculator and select standard overnight to 2 day express. Our zip code is 97537 and the weight should be in the 15-20 lb range.
    Package dimensions are : length 22.5 inches, width 9.5 inches, height 11.5 inches

We will have a widget on our site soon to make calculating shipping easier .

Quote Originally Posted by dixieswife View Post
    Do you need the full $130 to put a reservation for a nuc in, or a deposit or...? This would be local pick up, we're more or less "down the road" a ways.
    You can just reserve by getting on our email list. Send to oldsolbees@gmail.com and put 2014 nuc order in the subject line and include your contact info and quantity in the body. We usually have a pick up in Rogue River proper.