Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: swarm trap success rate?

Quote Originally Posted by odfrank View Post
    >Anything you can do to get bee smell in the trap is the best.

My brilliant idea this morning was add a few drops of LGO to the water produced by my old comb steam melter and wash the inside of new bait boxes with it. Didn't soak in much. I will still melt wax and propolis on the inside.

I really like the entrance gates you have on the traps where did you get those???

Quote Originally Posted by Calbears94 View Post
    I really like the entrance gates you have on the traps where did you get those???
    Kelleys has two sizes and Mann Lake the larger size. The plastic ones get brittle after a few years.
    Place the entrance hole on the top. If the hole is on the bottom they can rotate closed. Or use some kind of rubber or lock washer so they can not rotate easily.

http://www.kelleybees.com/Shop/13/Hi...tal-Disc-Entry

THey work well. They are getting more pricey an they used to be. You can also use an old canning lid as a closure... Recycle....
    Jason Bruns
    LetMBee.com YouTube

I like the free recycle idea too.....

I hate throwing away anything...... I drive my wife nuts... Here's a picture of how to make canning lid closures. Drill a hole to one side of the lid first. Then cover the exit with the lid and mark the location where the hole is on the box. Then put a screw in there. Boom free closure.... If you are a gardener and you Can you end up with a bunch of those around. I use them for all kinds of things....

http://letmbee.com/wp-content/upload...3/DSC00702.jpg
    Jason Bruns
    LetMBee.com YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by LetMBee View Post
    I hate throwing away anything...... I drive my wife nuts... Here's a picture of how to make canning lid closures. Drill a hole to one side of the lid first. Then cover the exit with the lid and mark the location where the hole is on the box. Then put a screw in there. Boom free closure.... If you are a gardener and you Can you end up with a bunch of those around. I use them for all kinds of things....

http://letmbee.com/wp-content/upload...3/DSC00702.jpg
    Great idea, I never thought of that and I throw out dozens of them every canning season. Thanks for the idea.
    Colino
    A Bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it rains.- Robert Frost

I agree very cool

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12