Default other marketing buzzwords for "local" or "wildflower" honey

What are some other words I could use on my honey label for my honey that comes from various plants? I think that "wildflower" is a bit of a misnomer since I'm in a somewhat suburban area, and most people recognize that we don't have fields of wildflowers around here. The term "local" just doesn't seem to have the zing that I'm looking for when I read it on a label.

What are some other words that you all use to describe your honey?

Default Re: other marketing buzzwords for "local" or "wildflower" honey

Personally, I think the simpler the better. This is mine:

honeylabel.jpg

The black background makes a great contrast against the gold of the honey.

HTH

Rusty
    Rusty Hills Farm -- home of AQHA A Rusty Zipper & Rusty's Bees ( LC and T)

If you want to convey the idea of local, incorporate the name of a neighborhood area or local landmark.

Warrosquyoake Shire Honey has a certain appeal, don't you think? Well that might be a bit of a mouthful, so Wight Isle Honey is easier to say.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

How about 'million flower'?

Botanical Honey

Floral Honey.
    Always question Conventional Wisdom.

How about "spring flowers" or "fall flowers" depending on when you harvested it...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

An honest description that also sounds good is "Multi Flora". This can be followed up by a brief description such as "The bees have collected this honey from a wide range of plant species giving a well balanced honey full of good health combined with a taste you will enjoy. Natures goodness, for you".
    44 years, been commercial, outfits up to 4000 hives, now 120 hives and 200 nucs as a hobby, selling bees. T (mostly).

It seems that 90+% of customers look for "local" honey. Customers' ideas of what local means varies greatly ranging from less than 5 miles to a few hundred miles. But putting "local" on the label is unnecessary if the idea is conveyed in other ways. Isle of Wight honey sounds good or for regional appeal in your area, you might call it Tidewater Honey.

Other label words that seem to elicit positive customer responses are "Raw" and "Pure".

The word "Wildflower" can be a negative if customers have tried a honey they didn't like that was labeled as wildflower - a lot of folks assume all wildflower is the same which is why I don't put a floral source on my wildflower labels - just "Honey" with the words "Raw", "Pure", and "Natural".

I run a small round add on label that says local raw. I took over the account from a keeper that didn't have this and it surprised the owner on the market how well it sold compare to the old sales..
    David

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I definitely want "raw honey" as part of my label or side sticker. The guy at our local farmer's market doesn't have that on his label, and I think he's missing out on some sales, just as you have pointed out.

I'm actually in the town of Smithfield (the one known for it's ham), so I may try to play off of that with "Smithfield's Finest". My hive is also free of chemical treatments, so I'll find some way to put that on the label as well. This first year is probably just going to be cut comb honey, if my bees cooperate.

Isn't "Smithfield's Finest" part of Smithfield Ham's Label? If it is that could be a problem.

Maybe it would be different where you are, but Raw Honey accounts for a small part of my sales.
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

Quote Originally Posted by ruthiesbees View Post
    I'm actually in the town of Smithfield (the one known for it's ham), so I may try to play off of that with "Smithfield's Finest".

With "Smithfield" having been purchased by a Chinese outfit I wouldn't want to connect my honey too closely to their brand...
    BeeCurious
    Trying to think inside the box...

Our standard label reads: "Raw unfiltered, unheated local honey made in chemical free hives by free range bees in Central Texas." Maybe something similar will work for you. I've also got a few hives in a hip urban area that we will be bottling with a zip code specific designation.

I find that with the exception of some of my Foreign customers, most don't know what raw vs heated actually means. "Local" is a good marketing term however.
    Always question Conventional Wisdom.

Summer's Suburban Shrubberies Honey
    Scott Jorgensen www.herculesbees.biz
    Contra Costa County, CA zone 9b