Default Wet hive - anything to do?

I woke up this morning to the first real rain we've had in NorCal in a long, long time. Unfortunately the wind had blown the top cover off of my strongest hive, so the inner cover had been acting like a funnel and dumping water into the middle of the hive for some time. I covered it back up and put a brick on the cover to prevent it from happening again. Anything I can do to help this hive? Is it doomed?

We have rain all day today and tomorrow. The hive is tipped forward a bit so water will run out of the bottom board.

Default Re: Wet hive - anything to do?

It sounds like you have done all you need to. There will be probably be some brood loss due to chilling, but I would bet that things will turn out OK. You said it was your strongest hive - chances are good it will just shrug this off.

Bees are surprisingly tough if you give them the chance. You have done it all at present so its now time to have a beer and wait to see the outcome. Just don't go digging around in there to see what is happening, it will just upset them and put them back even further.
    Cheers
    Rob

I would just add to make sure the hive is ventilated so it can dry out.