Default Dewalt Stapler for frames?

Has anyone used the Dewalt 18 volt brad nailer putting frames together?

I was looking at this, as I have a few 18 volt tools- so batteries would not be needed.

Thanks, Rich
    Last edited by MTN-Bees; 02-07-2014 at 08:47 PM.

Default Re: Dewalt Stapler for frames?

Can you find it at the big boxes? You got 90 days to bring it back. You might want to look at a compressor/stapler combo, I paid 75 bucks for a campbell hausfeld set & they're still kicking after a lot of frames.

Thanks rwlaw I'm going to go with a compressor/ stapler setup. Seems to be the way to go. Most of the electric staplers have shorter staples, like a 1/2 inch.

pneumatic is the way to go! Air nailers, these brad nailers and narrow cropwn staplers in particular, use very little air, so a pretty small pancake compressor can keep up with them. The pancake compressors are rather inexpensive.

I don't remember the number but I bought a medium crown DeWalt pneumatic stapler 2 years ago and it works great with 7/16ths by 2" staples. The don't pull out as easily as did the ones I used a 1/4" narrow crown stapler on.

Broke down and bought a pneumatic stapler and compressor. I will be ready for all the frames next week. I even built a frame jig over the weekend. Thanks for the advice!

I hope you took more care in yo frame jig construction than i did. I cut out all of my frame components from 2X material and decided to speed thigns up a bit with a frame jig, so i cobbled one together using nominal measurements and thoughts of success. Well, the first 30 or so came out crooked before I realized that i had a problem. I was so thrilled with the speed of construction that i didn't notice the error. If you buy your frame parts you'll havea lot more uniformity than I do, so a frame jig would probably be a bigger help.

As for the stapler, you'll fiund that it is very handy for all sorts of stuff. I find it hard to believe there was a time when i didn't have one.

Thanks I will check it too make sure it's square

Used the stapler and the jig today to assemble over 200 frames.

Worked Great!

Quote Originally Posted by rwlaw View Post
    Can you find it at the big boxes? You got 90 days to bring it back. You might want to look at a compressor/stapler combo, I paid 75 bucks for a campbell hausfeld set & they're still kicking after a lot of frames.
    i bought tht same combo (most likely the same) and CH took great care of us ! the first unit we brought home ...the gun took a dive in about a week. but,they sent us a new one AND a new compressor....complete set. we actually didnt get a response really fast from them and decided to return/exchange it at the box store. we did. and in 3 dys of that we got the delivery from CH ! hahaha we ended up with 3 guns and 2 compressors. we called them and they said no worries...just keep it and think of CH when we decide to purchase more products. since then...we have bought more CH stuff with no problems. we didnt expect much because of the price point and size of the compressor...but for smaller applications like frames and boxes...its perfect.