Hi to all members of the msg board, I want to introduce you here a new device which is constantly increasing needs and without which the modern beekeeping can not imagine. It's beekeeping SMS Scales.
What is SMS Scales?
SMS Scales is a specialized electronic device for measuring weight, especially in beekeeping. With its functions SMS Scales represents the best device that allows a beekeeper to, at any time, read honey yield through manual display or text messages.
SMS messages, other than weighing, can convey other data, such as getting warnings about apiaries security, and all this from the comfort of your home. Currently, our SMS Scales is the second generation of scales with some new additional features (twice tare, notification on the battery status, credit checking...), therefore our SMS Scales Team works on constantly designing new features and listening to the needs of beekeepers. Our SMS Scales constructors are always open for suggestions and proposals of its users.
The basic function of every SMS/GPRS scales is the weighing of honey. Apart from the information "on the field" a beekeeper also has other benefits. The first one is that beekeepers whose bees are hundreds of kilometers away from their home can save a significant amount on their travel expenses. Using SMS/GPRS bee scales they can check the weight of the collected honey from the comfort of their home with a free call. The second, and possibly the more important, advantage of using SMS/GPRS scales is that the beekeeper, based on the information gathered, can generate a clear picture of the state of forage on that location and possibly move the bees if the results are unsatisfying. Keep in mind that for a beekeeper the honey collecting season is a resource which cannot be made up for.
The concept and manufacturing of the SMS Scales is nothing new. Plenty of experience gathered by working with electronic devices based on similar technology gave us the necessary knowledge and skills to manufacture a product such as this. Through talking with beekeepers we learned about their needs and the ideas we thought were good were also implemented in the best quality SMS/GPRS scales on market, according to many relevant experts.
The thing that sets our scales apart is the quality make (for which we issue a warranty), the simplicity of usage (setting the scales with a single SMS message), great autonomy (up to 6 months) and a low price. Apart from that, we can make each scales according to the size and demands of the buyer, and in case of a malfunction we send spare parts to your home address within 24 hours. Technical support regarding software and settings is available every day, weekends included.
SMS Scales was developed by a team of experts with the aid of ''Optical'' from Krusevac, Serbia which has been dealing with modern informative technologies and has passed on market several of their own products such as various controllers based on GSM technology, GPS pin-pointers, Console Manager, etc.
SMS Scales Team are not amateurs but professionals in the areas of hardware, embedded and application programming , web design, wired and wireless computer connection. As such, we guarantee quality and a competitive product on the market.
Each SMS Scales is constructed of parts that make up the primary (basic) version, without which the SMS Scales will not work (at least according to beekeepers needs).
The main parts of the scales are:
- The construction, consists of 2 metal bars H-shaped, with a measurement cell in the middle. The lower bar contains holders for a box with electronics and a battery, and on the lower side fuses are screwed for leveling the scale. At the ends of the construction, metal seals are placed to prevent moisture from getting inside.
- Waterproof box with electronics, contains the "brain" of SMS Scales, electronics with software and module for SIM card. Electronics are connected to measuring cell with a cable.
- Load cell, located in the central part of the SMS Scales in order to have accurate measuring. Depending on the wishes of the customer it can measure up to 120, 240 or up to 360kg of cargo.
Without these parts SMS Scales would not be able to function. There are also accessories that can be purchased if required, making SMS Scales easier for use. Accessories are:
- The pan, made of thin tin with a small door at the back which enables easier access to electronics and the battery. On the lower side of the pan there are specially designed sockets which fit the construction of the scale and the rubber in the socket that prevents it from sliding. The pan also has a protective role shielding the other parts from precipitation and dust.
- The hand display, used for reading honey yield on the spot with a cable connected to the SMS Scales.
- Gel battery, are small in size so they can fit into the structure of SMS Scales between the grid. During normal use, and warmer ambient temperatures it can last about 25 days on a single charge. These batteries are selling as a service, but they can also be purchased with any other batteries sellers.
- Chargers for gel batteries.