Default Whats up with throway tools, and junk machines being made these days?

I'm using 1919...1923 something like that snap on 6 pt sockets with the overstrike marks(hand punched s/o). These things are still holding up after all those years.

Default Re: Whats up with throway tools, and junk machines being made these days?

There's good quality out there in most everything, you just have to spend the money for it. I'm sure there was el cheapo stuff in the early 20's too.

Default Re: Whats up with throway tools, and junk machines being made these days?

el cheapo stuff started entering much much later than the 20's. Back then, there were no warranties because it was't needed. Those things lasted generations, not just 90 days. lol

Sounds like all of us almond based queen producers have purchased all the tool and machinery manufacturers and have implemented the same quality principles we uphold in queen breeding to tool making.... Just being snarky here...... I agree with you.....

Quote Originally Posted by Honey-4-All View Post
    Sounds like all of us almond based queen producers have purchased all the tool and machinery manufacturers and have implemented the same quality principles we uphold in queen breeding to tool making.... Just being snarky here...... I agree with you.....
    Throw away society pushed to the max... When we look hard enough in the dust & ruins we find the old stuff still working.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey-4-All View Post
    Nooooo Really?