Default When to put on pollen patties?

I know this question was asked several times, but I am wondering the time in terms of bee activity. My bees are bringing in some pollen right now on the warmer days. Should I give them pollen patties? I also have dry sugar in the hives and plan to put syrup in a couple weeks. btw, the temps are around the 50's. TIA

Default Re: When to put on pollen patties?

If they are bringing in real pollen, they tend to ignore fake pollen or even old real pollen. In my location it's a waste to put on pollen substitute. Either I end up fooling them into raising brood too early (which usually end with a hard freeze and dead bees that are stuck on brood) or if that doesn't happen, they are trying to swarm in April when it's too cold for them to be doing it. Besides, I want long lived bees like I get from real pollen, not short lived bees like I get from substitute.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Default Re: When to put on pollen patties?

I don't know of it helps but they are the 15% real pollen patties from Global Patty. Will they consume it, if the temp is too low for them to be foraging?