Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Rare Snowfall in South Carolina

Here we go again! This time a mixture of snow & ice. Oh well. Shut down the town for a while, wait for warmer weather to melt it, then back on the roads......................
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the Varrox Mite Killing
    OA Vaporizer "One of the highest ranked" by R. Oliver

I grew up in Hartsville/Darlington. Used to love that when I was in school. A little ice or couple of snow flakes and no school! I will have to call my brother and Dad they are still there.
    All beekeepers can agree on one thing, and that one thing is, that all beekeepers can't agree on one thing.

-23 f. in watertown ny at 8am. good weather for working outside, not much wind.

Here in Loris SC. Just had to call my insurance company. A tree limb just fell on top of my new Camaro. Very upset right now. I just had a claim a few weeks ago with my bike so I am sure they will not be happy with me.

I do not dare go outside with all of the limbs popping and snapping. I am amazed the lights are still on. UPS man was scared to death of the limbs around my house.

Snows a falling here, building up quick, but that's no surprise. Speaking of SC I remember that big ice storm in 03 or 04, made a lot of money doing electrical. The ice building up on the trees and wires was ripping the electrical services off everyones houses. I earned it out in that cold though.
    All beekeepers can agree on one thing, and that one thing is, that all beekeepers can't agree on one thing.

Hooo! I'm in Columbia. I went out this morning, (Thursday), around 6am. I can hardly walk because everything is iced over. And that's on top of the snow. Slick as an ice skating rink. I would say the snow/sleet is about 3 inches deep. Nobody needs to be driving at least this morning. So far the power has stayed on.
    I am Dave..."If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"

Still buried in snow and ice.... well not buried like in New England, but enough to paralyze small southern towns. Warm air is coming and it will disappear.
    “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have travelled.” - The Quran

13" here west of Baltimore. Pretty funny to experience. Roads aren't plowed, don't see any vehicles on the road. Back home, it would be business as usual although traffic would be moving slower.
    Regards, Barry

-6 here this morning, but no new snow. I bet SC feels like NY this morning.
    Mark Berninghausen
    The answers are the end. The questions are the journey. Journey on.

Had to clean my dish this morning to get online. There is so much snow that I don't even recognize the place! Gonna be interesting when it's time to turn horses out--they've never seen snow before!

Rusty
    Rusty Hills Farm -- home of AQHA A Rusty Zipper & Rusty's Bees ( LC and T)

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    -6 here this morning, but no new snow. I bet SC feels like NY this morning.
    34F in Conway right now. 60s and 70s predicted for next week. Past time for Maple Pollen.
    “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have travelled.” - The Quran

It's 30F right now, but will get to 60F today. It will be 70F on Friday, and we could still get snow between now and the end of March.
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

got 6" of new snow last night on top of the 3" we got tuesday night. it's already melting and we are supposed to warm up into the 60's next week.
    journaling the growth of a treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

on the 8 o'clock local news this morning it was reported that laconia ny, about 50 miles south of here has 276+ inches of snow this year so far. the forecast is more snow. that is over 20 feet so far.

in nc we got 7ins snow!!!