Default Hello from NE Georgia

Hi everyone,

I'm entering my third year of beekeeping, but with only my first overwintered hive. I bought a package in Spring 2012, but they absconded that fall. I started again last Spring with another package, and thankfully this bunch stuck around (knock on wood.) I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can to keep them going strong, and hopefully grow them to a few more hives. Honey will be nice to have, but right now, I'm mostly interested in having my garden and fruit trees/bushes pollinated, and doing a small part to help honeybee populations recover.
    I am a home brewer, though, so enough honey for a batch of mead or two a year will be great!

From what I've seen so far, this forum is a great resource, and I'm really glad to be here. I guess I broke protocol, and posted a question before introducing myself, but I already received a helpful response, so thanks!

Adam

Default Re: Hello from NE Georgia

Adam,

Welcome. My first day on the forum too. I'm up and to the west of you a bit--above Chattanooga on Signal Mounatin.

Lee

Hi Lee,

I used to drive through Chattanooga a few times a year, to visit my mom in Nashville. Beautiful country. She's since moved to SC, so I don't make that trek anymore, but I kind of miss that part of the drive.

I look forward to learning with and from you and everyone else here.

Cheers

Welcome Adam!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com