Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default worst spot you have been stung.

opps forgot were I was.
    Say hello to the bad guy!
    year five==== 15 hives==== T{OAV}

Default Re: worst spot you have been stung.

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK View Post
    opps forgot were I was.
    Last night I got up because of my cold ( not sharing as you don't want it anyways) and turned on some late show with a guy named Feurgeson who I have never watched previously. Kind of old for the target demographic I can attest. He was joking about being from Scotland and the ( his) Lochness Monster. You can see where this is going.

Has happened two times in 33 years. Sure am glad this thread is not by those who keep Black widows or brown recluses as a hobby or professionally. If it had I'm sure the outcome would have been different. Not something I recommend it with bees either. Got over it in the long run but as Longfellow once wrote in a lament about his similar beekeeping experience : "When humpy gets a little lumpy the old man gets a little grumpy after a few nights of no lucky........." If Barry doesn't lurk on this thread He must be on vacation. This is going to get interesting.

Nose septum has to be the worst place and there's no where I haven't bee stung...inside or out. If she can get there, I've been stung stung there

ah, that sneeze your head off feeling... stung inside the nose.
    DarJones - 44 years, 10 colonies (max 40), sideliner, treatment free since 2005, 11 frame broodnest, small cell

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Palmer View Post
    Nose septum has to be the worst place and there's no where I haven't bee stung...inside or out. If she can get there, I've been stung stung there
    2X...Definitely most painful!
    Lee Burough
    I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up :)

Having been stung pretty much everywhere myself as well, one in particular stands out indelibly in my memory. I was wearing some ragged old sneakers in the extracting room and got stung underneath my little toenail, it felt like a needle had been jammed in and the pain lingered for a long time. I will agree with Mike, in the nose is probably the worst, however, a case could be made........
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Yes, a case could be made for...and that one mad me cry. Never could dance very well. And yup those fingernail shots...man they make your finger buzz.

But a good nose shot will bring you to your knees. Ain't it fun?

Nose and lips. It seems I cant stop leaning against the face screen when bending over and that's when they get me. I speak four languages and I guarantee you I cussed my bees in everyone of them. Cussing in Italian to Italian bees seems to make them more docile.

Got stung on the lip when I was trying to blow on a bee to get it out of the way... At the same time, another one launched a kamikaze run toward my face because it was close to the veil...
    Solo for the last 4 Years, ~60 Hives, TF + Oils.
    http://tradingwebsites4bees.com

Working on a removal, about 15ft up, and took one directly into my tear duct. I had worn my veil during the entire removal and was wrapping up, took my veil off and was reminded that they were not appreciative of my tampering. Felt very fortunate that it missed the eye, that could have been life changing.

New at it so...so far my Wallet lol

The one that stung my son-in-law, standing behind me watching....I will never hear the last of that one!
    Julysun elevation 23 feet. 4 Hives, 2 years.

I got stung in the tongue I was lifting a super and probably tongue was out of my mouth:P
    I don't swell up usually, but my tongue did.. It was not the most painful sting but it was very unpleasent to talk with mouthfull of tongue.

The nose with the ear a close second

Nose is real bad for me, but so is any sting that I take under a finger nail. The most swelling I ever had though was on the bottom of my foot, and my leg swelled all the way up to my knee.
    Allegany Mtn. Bee Farm
    Quality Queens and Honey from Western New York

I can't speak of a nose yet, but my worst was right over my eye. I was giving a talk at a farm where I have some of my hives and was going into one hive to get some drones in a queen clip to show them a "real life example" that can't sting, well as I was putting my stuff behind the hive and one came around and started to get my shoulder so I flung it off of my shirt (stupid me) as I was looking at it and she got me right in the spot just below my eye brow. So As I gave my talk about 1/2 hr later I could show them another "real life example" of what a sting will do. That night and the next day my wife had to drive because I couldn't open my eye. (Immagine the looks I got from folks at church)

The corner of my eye was pretty bad and the tip of my little toe it stayed sore for 3 days

The webbing between my fingers, that itched for days! The one on the tip of my nose was pretty bad too. I still have the scar.
    A man is worth just as much as the things about which he busies himself- Marcus Aurelius

Without a doubt...fingers.

Our bee equipment supplier entertained us with a story about being stung in the nasal septum just yesterday. This prompted more attention when he explained how to seal up the hood on a new jacket.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast