Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Android Bee Hive Tracker

Hi, I'm a beekeeper since 1995. This year I made an android app and I put it to Google Play : Bee Hive Tracker. This app is for recording your hive's status. You can find related record by scanning QR code attached on the hive. Records are imported from CSV file and exported with CSV text. Hope you will like it. It's free of course.
    Google Play Link : Bee Hive Tracker
    bee_apk_adresi.png

Default Re: Android Bee Hive Tracker

Very nice. thank you. I just downloaded it to try this.
    Last edited by Barry; 03-01-2014 at 09:43 AM. Reason: quoting

do you have a page to show its intended uses? I.E. explanations of what each field is for, how best to use, listing of all the features including ones we might not notice right away.

Thank you , I tried to write hints in help sections of app but it's a good idea to have all in a web page as you say; I will do it soon.

Does the QR code just pull up the app? or is there a different code that gets applied to each
    hive so when you scan it with your phone it pulls up the app. and that particular hives info?
    Also how do you generate the code patch?? I like the idea I'm just not sure how to apply it...
    When i googled QR code-- it is used to track packages ect,,,,I wondered if it would
    keep track of what yard I was in????

==McBee7==

Quote Originally Posted by McBee7 View Post
    Does the QR code just pull up the app? or is there a different code that gets applied to each
    hive so when you scan it with your phone it pulls up the app. and that particular hives info?...
    ==McBee7==
    "
    When you push scan button (image of objective)
    Bee app calls QR app ,
    you scan Qr code or barcode of the hive,
    Bee app gets the number from QR app,
    search it in "NO" of hive's records,
    and if founded it brings the record of that hive.
    Last edited by bbal; 01-22-2014 at 01:52 AM. Reason: detailed explanation

I have down loaded the app to my android phone as well as a qr app...
    I think I have this thing figured out.....I'll just generate a qr code that gives my apairy name
    and the hive #......And any info on that hive is recorded on my phone app....The spefic info is not
    in the bar code but in the info that is brought up on my phone....correct me if im wrong...

==McBee7==

How does one make the bar codes?

I'm thinking I can use a similar app on my desktop and put in the general info..

1) My apiary name.
    2)hive #

and have the printer spit out the QR code patch, which I can cut to size and encapsulate in
    plastic and apply to the hive....If you have 50 hives in that location you would have 50
    different patches.....all the info changes or additions would be on your phone,,not on the
    patch on the hive...

If any one scans my hive they will get those 2 items of info, but the spefics will be in
    on my phone, where i entered the particular info...Just thinkin...

There is also a plug in app that would give the lat and longitude or some kind of identifier for
    that hive location.
    If you have multipul yards......
    I'm not sure if the Bee app is robust enough for all of that...

==McBee7==

Except lat and longitude part, Bee app does all the rest.
    Records are on your phone and you can export and import them to your home computer with CSV files.
    To make Qrcode or barcode you can find online QR code generator easily.
    For multiple yards you can add 1 or 2 digit before the number of the hive. For example if you give 3 digits number to your hives as 101, 102, 103 this will change to 1101, 1102 for the first yard and 2101, 2102 for the second yard hives.
    Please see also :http://www.baglarbal.com/app/?cat=3
    Last edited by Barry; 03-01-2014 at 09:43 AM. Reason: quoting

Sorry; this was replied, but i's deleted by moderators I think.Anyway
    All your records are on your phone. You can find them by searching the number of your hives, by selecting from list or by sliding with slider or by scanning code on your hive. For more details see the developer's page please.

Had problems trying to get a qr code generator on my desktop.....I got one that would give me
    16 free trials then I had to pay plus it was laden with adds.....It's on my desktop but I decided
    not to use it......went back to the qr code app on my phone and generated a simple code of
    my apiary and a hive # and e-mailed the code patch to myself,,,then I printed off the code from
    my email on my desktop printer;;;

Then I scanned the printed patch (4 inches square) with my phone and********It worked
    My apiary and hive # came up on my bee app as though i was in the field scanning one of my
    hives....very good.....I have some numerical issues,,,,,It's not the app. I think its my data entry
    ---hive #1 or hive # 1001---
    Thank you bbal for this app...I'll try to impliment it this summer...I know the usefulness is only
    as good as the person entering the data but I'll try to give it a wirl....

==McBee7==

Nice to hear good news from you ...
    Bee Hive Tracker is updated to v1.1.2, a usefull facility is added as saving a code number that wasn't found when scanned.
    Waiting for your stars
    Last edited by Barry; 03-01-2014 at 09:44 AM. Reason: quoting

A new update of Bee Hive Tracker v1.1.3 is available. Notes are added to list view.list.jpg Details are on app page

With version 1.2.1 of Bee Hive Tracker video recording for each hive is possible now. I don't give any link otherwise moderators deletes my post, you will find by yourself..

With Bee Hive Tracker 1.5.1 you can see history of the hive, you can schedule a control day and check the list of today's controls.scre_en.jpg

Please update your Bee Hive Tracker to v1.5.3
    Free app for beekeepers
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...esrabingol.bee

PERSONALIZED LISTS
    Status and +text lists can be personalized easily. Write your list separating by comma to the text.txt for the +text list and to the status.txt for the status list at sdcard/bee/ folder.

Went to download this today but I noticed that prior to installation it informs you that the app has to be given permission to access your contacts, call log, GPS location etc.... why is all of this required as part of the app?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambassador View Post
    Went to download this today but I noticed that prior to installation it informs you that the app has to be given permission to access your contacts, call log, GPS location etc.... why is all of this required as part of the app?
    Most Android Google apps have these abusive permissions now. The new Google maps app would not work for me until I accepted them. The best one: "you give us permission to use your camera and video at any time without your approval".
    Next they will want your complete financial information, if they don't have it already, your wife's measurements, videos and detailed schedule of your sexual activities. Welcome to 1984.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast