Default My new Top Bar Feeders

I have my new feeders done and up on my website. I know similar designs aren't especially new, but I've noticed nobody sells them. Probably because they are hard to seal as not to leak. Check them out and tell me what you think. they come apart easy for cleaning and they hold almost 1 gal of syrup. I've tested one with a gal of water for a month now and it doesn't leak so i think I've got the design right. John organicbeehives.com

Default Re: My new Top Bar Feeders

very cool, So the access if from the side?
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." year 3, 14 langs and 2 top bars
    www.4cornersbeekeepers.com

In the bottom photo you can see the entrance. You put that side towards the bees. You shouldn't need a follower board with it. I can also make the feeder to fit different hives.

what a great idea. I am not sure if this is allowed on the forum but can you/would you send me a link. I would like to post them on a web site I run for our bee club. We have a number of beekeepers in our area than run top bars, as well as me.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." year 3, 14 langs and 2 top bars
    www.4cornersbeekeepers.com

Quote Originally Posted by hideawayranch View Post
    what a great idea. I am not sure if this is allowed on the forum but can you/would you send me a link. I would like to post them on a web site I run for our bee club. We have a number of beekeepers in our area than run top bars, as well as me.
    I sent you a PM
    Quality Top Bar Hives and Accessories
    http://www.organicbeehives.com/

Only suggestion would be to make the top easy to remove so you can clean it and remove dead bees. I made a similar one last year and the hard thing was refilling. The bees would stay in it way after the feed was gone. Dumping more sugar water through the top would result in dead bees.