Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Default Re: Why not use Oxalic Acid?

Quote Originally Posted by beekuk View Post
    Thought you had respect for the law.
    I do, just being honest and if I get caught I will get a ticket just like you. If you want to know more about my habits PM me. This is not the proper forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Thacker View Post
    I do, just being honest and if I get caught I will get a ticket just like you.
    Lack of due diligence then.
    Good to be honest.
    Never in much of a rush myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gillmore View Post
    OK, while you're doing that I'm going to settle down in my easy chair and read about the adventures of Don Quixote.
    That was good! If protecting people and the environment from unethical food handling is chasing windmills then Charge.

FYI:
    Benengeli returns at the end of the novel to tell us that illustrating the demise of chivalry was his main purpose in writing the history of Don Quixote.

Quote Originally Posted by beekuk View Post
    Lack of due diligence then.
    Good to be honest.
    Never in much of a rush myself.
    Non the less your participation is greatly appreciated. DON'T get me wrong I always keep in the back of my mind to never obliviously dismiss ANYONES opinion, there may be something to learn there.

FYI:

Oxalic acid is a poisonous, colorless substance. This article discusses poisoning from swallowing oxalic acid.

This is for information only and not for use in the treatment or management of an actual poison exposure. If you have an exposure, you should call your local emergency number (such as 911) or a local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222.

Poisonous Ingredient

Oxalic acid

Where Found

Oxalic acid may be found in some:
    •Anti-rust products
    •Bleaches
    •Metal cleaners
    •Rhubarb leaves

Note: This list may not be all inclusive.

Symptoms
    •Abdominal pain
    •Burns and blisters where the acid contacted the skin
    •Collapse
    •Convulsions
    •Kidney problems
    •Low blood pressure
    •Mouth pain
    •Shock
    •Throat pain
    •Tremors
    •Vomiting
    •Weak pulse

Home Care

Seek immediate medical help. DO NOT make a person throw up unless told to do so by Poison Control or a health care professional.

If the chemical was swallowed, immediately give the person water or milk, unless instructed otherwise by a health care provider. DO NOT give water or milk if the patient is having symptoms (such as vomiting, convulsions, or a decreased level of alertness) that make it hard to swallow.

Before Calling Emergency

Determine the following information:
    •Patient's age, weight, and condition
    •Name of the product (ingredients and strengths, if known)
    •Time it was swallowed
    •Amount swallowed

Poison Control

In the United States, call 1-800-222-1222 to speak with a local poison control center. This hotline number will let you talk to experts in poisoning. They will give you further instructions.

This is a free and confidential service. You should call if you have any questions about poisoning or poison prevention. It does NOT need to be an emergency. You can call for any reason, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

What to Expect at the Emergency Room

The health care provider will measure and monitor the patient's vital signs, including temperature, pulse, breathing rate, and blood pressure. The patient may receive:
    •Blood tests to check for problems and degree of poisoning, including calcium level
    •Breathing support
    •Endoscopy -- camera down the throat to see burns in the esophagus (food pipe) and the stomach
    •Medicines to treat symptoms

Outlook (Prognosis)

How well a patient does depends on the amount of poison swallowed, how concentrated the poison is and how quickly treatment was received. The faster a patient gets medical help, the better the chance for recovery.

Severe damage to the mouth, gastrointestinal tract, or airway may occur and quickly cause death if not treated.

Update Date: 2/1/2013

Updated by: Eric Perez, MD, St. Luke's / Roosevelt Hospital Center, NY, NY, and Pegasus Emergency Group (Meadowlands and Hunterdon Medical Centers), NJ. Review provided by VeriMed Healthcare Network. Also reviewed by A.D.A.M. Health Solutions, Ebix, Inc., Editorial Team: David Zieve, MD, MHA, Bethanne Black, Stephanie Slon, and Nissi Wang.
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/002479.htm

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516