Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Rules?

Default Re: Forum Rules?

Quote Originally Posted by squarepeg View Post
    could be, and if so, retaining the same 'cheerleader'. i sense a short life span to this thread.
    Barry can check the IP origin of the posts. And, no, you can't use another member's account.

Like I've said, it's Barry's gig.

I've picked up on another banned member using another member's account a while back. I pm'ed Barry, and lo and behold...

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    What comes up is extremely relevant? Really? So if you find out that I'm a homosexual African American male, that's relevant?
    ...if your posts had been advocating beating up gays and sending African American's "back to where they came from" it would be very relevant.
    The perils of benefactors; The blessings of parasites; Blindness blindness and sight -Joni Mitchell 'Shadows and Light'

Be civil. Personal attacks are never okay. We can disagree and debate a subject, which is fine. You'll find no "know-it-all's" here. No one on this forum is in a position where they can't be questioned or disagreed with in a civil manner.
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...94-Forum-Rules

Cabin Fever - gotta love it.
    Everyone take a deep breath, engage in some quiet time for self reflection, and please meditate on Barry's forum rule above.
    To everything there is a season....

What comes up is extremely relevant? Really? So if you find out that I'm a homosexual African American male, that's relevant? Absolutely... It tells besource members, where you are coming from in your opinions. It tells them your background. Gives them insight into how your environment has helped to shape your opinions.. Nothing wrong with that.

The banned person was repeatedly attacked personally. I guess it all depends upon the agreed upon values and interpretations of what one finds in the Google search. No comment.

On second thought, would you please tell me how I should think or at least lets get into issues that I thought were totally irrelevant, i.e., another's life outside this forum. I am not interested in telling anyone how to think. And YES, life outside this forum is important. I am just here, hoping to help beekeepers who ask honest questions, and want honest answers, nothing more, nothing less.

Silly me, here I was thinking the only thing relevant was the topic of discussion and here I find out a whole lot more is involved. I'm starting to get it. No comment

Now, we are getting somewhere. So I'm clear please let me know what are acceptable political positions and what are not. Beesourse is not about politics or or an agenda. It is about helping beekeepers. That's why the moderators are needed. To keep discussion on beekeeping and not politics and agendas.

Raw honey, pesticides, certain political views are verboten. What else?
    I see no evidence that raw honey, pesticides, are verboten. An advanced search above will bring up multiple threads on both topics. Political views and agendas should be verboten. This is beesource.

O.K. Now I am outta here. This thread has degenerated into a mirror image of the last one.

cchoganjr

Unable to defend or justify their repeated off topic posts and flagrant personal attacks in the aforementioned threads, the principle perpetrators hide like hive beetles. Only to be seen or heard from when they want to have a thread closed as some here are already requesting.

If the rules don't permit promoting raw honey or opposing pesticides just so state. No problem. At least I'll be clear about it.

Conversely, if the rules do permit off topic posts and personal attacks to the point of having the thread closed I will start employing the same tactics myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gillmore View Post
    You'll find no "know-it-all's" here.
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -H.S. Thompson

Cleo:

I have to disagree.

Beekeeping has become a lightning rod of current issues and politics.

It's THE main reason that I have bees.

Beekeeping is 'juicy'.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo C. Hogan Jr View Post
    I see no evidence that raw honey, pesticides, are verboten. An advanced search above will bring up multiple threads on both topics. Political views and agendas should be verboten. This is beesource.

O.K. Now I am outta here. This thread has degenerated into a mirror image of the last one.

cchoganjr
    Your reply is nonsensical. First you state one's politics matter and then you state one's politics don't matter. Which is it? What politics are acceptable and what politics are not acceptable?

Would you consider going out on a date with me? Or do you discriminate against homosexual African American males?

I’m a long term member in this forum who has created this new account so as to preserve my anonymity
    the principle perpetrators hide like hive beetles.

Would you consider going out on a date with me?
    How could he? What's your number?
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -H.S. Thompson

The Beesource TV network (BSTV) carries the best reality TV show!

Those Jackass shows don't stand a chance ....
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gillmore View Post

Cabin Fever - gotta love it.
    Everyone take a deep breath, engage in some quiet time for self reflection, and please meditate on Barry's forum rule above.
    Don't forget these little gems...

"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use the Beesource Beekeeping Forums to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree to be civil and "observe with both friend and foe the ordinary rules of courtesy." You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by BeeSource.com.

Be civil. Personal attacks are never okay. We can disagree and debate a subject, which is fine. You'll find no "know-it-all's" here. No one on this forum is in a position where they can't be questioned or disagreed with in a civil manner."

JG was not a victim. JG is a notorious promoter of "hate speech" of the most vituperative and extreme nature.

On sites like "Stormfront" and "Natal Nation", JG advocated a strategy of "Popular Front" -- infiltrating mainstream forums and organizations, and winning converts to his particular evil by becoming a leader advocating causes with broader support.

JG appeared on this forum advocating an extreme "organic" position, and won a single convert. He was implementing (in his own Mississippi trailer park fashion) the Popular Front strategy. Don't be naive about JG, he was manipulating to his own advantage the assumption of good faith.

I stand with General Eisenhower, who when asked why, told us that every American has a moral imperative to confront JG's ideology and its actions.

I stand with the memory of my Uncle, who died in France, serving to fight the evil that JG is advocating.

I have a dossier of screenshots to back up my statements, which I will share.
    Last edited by JWChesnut; 01-19-2014 at 11:10 AM.

JW, I still think that you invaded JG's privacy, and that you have to have proof before making that kind of an accusation.

Most importantly, you should have informed Barry privately. After all, it's his forum.

No, I don't think that there was any conversion going on.
    Last edited by WLC; 01-19-2014 at 04:24 PM.

Here is a single example, WLC. In the excerpt below, you will see that WLC is critical of the Beeologics technology, is critical of the researchers that have been working for them...simply because they are working with them...he even characterizes them as if they were livestock.

Nothing would be less surprising than to find that WLC is paid to advocate a competing technology...except we don't know who's 'stable' he is in, or what is in his feedbag. How can one have a reasonable discussion that includes financial obligations, contracts, and research funding if the person making the accustions is (by his own description) in the same business but with a different (and very possibly biased for financial reasons) but unknown master?

We don't know what WLC's influences are. We don't know the quality of his work. We don't know that he isn't Jim Fischer (another banned member who tried to attack me by using his wifes account after he was banned).

How can there be a personal attack if there isn't a person at the business end of it?

More importantly, how can we even assume competence or credibility from no one?

http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...404#post715404
    RNAi is a new player in the 'pesticide' game.

However, I don't think that RNAi is an effective treatment for Honeybee pests and pathogens.

RNAi is a good way to get a patentable gene into a bee.

If you look at some of the scientists attached to Beeologics, you'll see that Monsanto was out scientist shopping again.

What does it mean to have Cox-Foster in the stable?

She basically has agreat deal of influence in the 'peer reviewed' publishing game. If you want to publish a paper related to Honeybee pathogens, you'll likely have to go through her. That's how she gets her name on so many papers.

Ellis, Pettis, Hunter are there as well it seems.
    The perils of benefactors; The blessings of parasites; Blindness blindness and sight -Joni Mitchell 'Shadows and Light'

Barry we need a new smiley of someone playing a violin!

I have no idea what the rules are but do know it takes two to tango. If someone doesn't like the way a thread is going simply give it a miss.
    I must admit I do like to think that those whose posts I read ,and perhaps participate in ,have a face behind the post and are not simply a created internet persona.
    To me it is a bit disturbing to realize that some..or at least one...on the forum is a persona created for forum use only. Hopefully this is not common
    I think this is a great forum. Exchange and debate when conducted with decorum is very educational.
    Janne....first hives April 2013, 19 hives, treat, plant zone 8b, at sea level, latitude 49.13, longitude 123.06

First, sorry about the interruption, I rebooted the server to force "Sweet" off their forum connection.
    I get home from church and get ready to spend my last few hours with my granddaughter before taking her back to her home and I have to deal with Sweet. I'm not in a good mood now.

Sweet (whoever they are) is a prime example of a poser, a fake. Someone who doesn't fit in where ever there are rules. They lack a backbone so they hide behind a "new account so as to preserve [their] anonymity." Sweet exposed his/her inability to read and follow rules by starting such a thread. They point a finger at someone else, all the while choosing to ignore some rules themselves.

Discussing moderation.
    Concerns, constructive criticism and questions of clarification regarding the User Agreement or moderator and administrator actions are best addressed directly to the moderator or administrator by private message or personal e-mail. Do not post on the board to debate, criticize, argue or challenge the Beesource Beekeeping Forums User Agreement, the moderators, administrators, or their actions. You agree to abide by the wishes of the board moderators in interpreting and enforcing these rules. Refusal to cooperate with board moderators or to abide by these rules is grounds for revocation of your posting privileges.

Had this poser contacted me in private and voiced their concern, I would have had some foreknowledge of this person's issue with me or the rules and dialog could have taken place to explain why certain actions were taken. But then there wouldn't be any grandstanding in that approach.

So, another user/account gets banned. I'm not going to waste my time addressing anything else with this person.

There have been a few other things said in this thread that I will comment on.

WLC wrote:

Remember what Barry said?

The next person that refers to WLC as anything other than WLC gets a 'timeout'.
    Posts like this, WLC, irritate me and I picture that you're at grade school tattling on little Jimmy about something in front of the whole class. Handle conflict in an adult way. I don't, nor do any of the other moderators spend their entire day policing every post. I lived my life this morning doing what I always do Sunday morning. It wasn't sitting here making sure everyone was towing the line. I'll sit on my hands if you insist on being victim and moderator.

I'll probably regret this, but I'm going to reopen this thread and allow this topic to be discussed here, this one time. Perhaps every so often there needs to be an outlet for members to express themselves about how Beesource is run. My delete finger will be at the ready, so keep it on topic and civil.
    Last edited by Barry; 01-19-2014 at 01:31 PM.
    Regards, Barry

I have seen a couple of other forums die a slow and painful death due to this type of behavior.

The owner/mods have all the rights and privileges. We are on their turf - as it should be.

Most of us have no time or inclination for it. I'll go somewhere else.

The best thing is for the owner to lock down threads and ban multiple offenders.

Thanks Barry!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast