Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Rules?

Default Re: Forum Rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    And not a peep from the moderators. No guidance and no response to my simple question. What are the rules?
    JG used the question "what is raw local honey?' to set up an accusation that everyone else was selling fake, toxic, processed honey. The only one defending him won't eat their own honey.
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -H.S. Thompson

I’m a long term member in this forum who has created this new account so as to preserve my anonymity out of fear of being criticized and possibly banned.
    long term member? i'm not sure how you could have been around long term and come to that conclusion. i'll side with the rest here and sing barry's praises for a job very well done.

and for the record there appears to be only one other dissenting vote, unless of course as has been conjectured it is a duplicate.
    journaling the growth of a treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

Quote Originally Posted by WLC View Post
    Shinbone, that's Barry's gig.
    Nope. It is perfectly acceptable for a member to speculate on who it is that is trying to hide their identity.
    --shinbone
    (3rd year, 12 hives, Zone 5b, 5400 ft, 15.8" annual rainfall)

Quote Originally Posted by cg3 View Post
    JG used the question "what is raw local honey?' to set up an accusation that everyone else was selling fake, toxic, processed honey. The only one defending him won't eat their own honey.
    There's the 'Funny Honey' from China issue, but I wasn't on that thread. I won't eat city honey, that's true. I prefer varietals. So sue me.

No, he implied specific individuals and generally everyone else were selling tainted honey.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbone View Post
    Nope. It is perfectly acceptable for a member to speculate on who it is that is trying to hide their identity.
    Shinbone, the tone is completely different. PM Barry if you wish. However, you may have accused a legitimate longtime member of 'spoofing'. And, you did it in the clear.

I'm not sure what you mean.
    He means it appears you like being the "victim" and feigning aghast.

Kind of an annoying quirk, but hey we all have one or two so it's no big deal, your pretty bright WLC and add a lot to discussions.

Keep on, be a pretty dull place around here without some overt personalities.

Don

Don

PM Barry if you wish.
    I have no wish or need to PM Barry. You are the one wanting the Moderators to shield you from debate, not me.

However, you may have accused a legitimate longtime member of 'spoofing'.
    I may have accused . . . Now you are toying with me - are you trying to convince me that you are the anonymous "Sweet?" Clever strategy.
    --shinbone

Given the fact that changing your user name isn't allowed, it would seem to logically follow that re-registering with a different id wouldn't be allowed either. One could just have a debate with his alter ego if this were permitted. Would that make Beesource a better place?
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo C. Hogan Jr View Post
    I agree with that one. I frankly think everyone should know who is making the comments. I have been criticized here, (and justly so), but, I don't take it personally, just a difference of opinion. All beekeeping is local.

I believe that knowing who made the comment, and the ability to google search that individual, and see what comes up is extremely relevant. As individuals we cannot control what is on the internet. I don't care if everyone in the WORLD google searches my name. I certainly can't stop them.

I often just drop out of a discussion if I see it going the wrong way. I would like to believe that people are posting in an effort to help the individual that started the thread with their question.

And just for the record.... I believe the moderators do a GREAT job of keeping the threads on subject, and off personal attacks.

Just my two cents worth. I agree with you deknow. Thanks for posting that.

cchoganjr
    What comes up is extremely relevant? Really? So if you find out that I'm a homosexual African American male, that's relevant?

The banned person was repeatedly attacked personally. I guess it all depends upon the agreed upon values and interpretations of what one finds in the Google search.

On second thought, would you please tell me how I should think or at least lets get into issues that I thought were totally irrelevant, i.e., another's life outside this forum.

Silly me, here I was thinking the only thing relevant was the topic of discussion and here I find out a whole lot more is involved. I'm starting to get it.

Now, we are getting somewhere. So I'm clear please let me know what are acceptable political positions and what are not.

Raw honey, pesticides, certain political views are verboten. What else?

Fellas, you keep making Sweet's point for him/her.

Besides, there's room for only one WLC on this forum.

if you find out that I'm a homosexual African American male, that's relevant?
    It would be interesting to see Jim Giles' take on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo C. Hogan Jr View Post
    I agree with that one. I frankly think everyone should know who is making the comments. I have been criticized here, (and justly so), but, I don't take it personally, just a difference of opinion. All beekeeping is local.

I believe that knowing who made the comment, and the ability to google search that individual, and see what comes up is extremely relevant. As individuals we cannot control what is on the internet. I don't care if everyone in the WORLD google searches my name. I certainly can't stop them.

I often just drop out of a discussion if I see it going the wrong way. I would like to believe that people are posting in an effort to help the individual that started the thread with their question.

And just for the record.... I believe the moderators do a GREAT job of keeping the threads on subject, and off personal attacks.

Just my two cents worth. I agree with you deknow. Thanks for posting that.

cchoganjr
    Are you pro-choice or anti-abortion?

Deliberately creating a second Beesource identity - and quite possibly using a false location to do so - is a serious rules violation in itself. Anyone who doubts that might want to recall the Beemaster01 / BeeBeetle Longcreek Apiaries dual identity situation.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Based on the style of writing and presenting arguments, I am back to thinking that the anonymous "Sweet" is indeed the banned person.
    --shinbone

Fellas, you keep making Sweet's point for him/her.

Besides, there's room for only one WLC on this forum.
    at least up until now there has only been one contributor expressing this much concern about moderation......

Are you pro-choice or anti-abortion?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbone View Post
    Based on the style of writing and presenting arguments, I am back to thinking that the anonymous "Sweet" is indeed the banned person.
    could be, and if so, retaining the same 'cheerleader'. i sense a short life span to this thread.

WLC. has made a sweeping g claim that most of the bee researchers are compromised by their associations with beeologics /Monsanto.
    ....yet his funding and associations (and published work) remain secret. He and his work are 'mmune from the Knesset of criticism he tosses around freely.
    What if he were Jim Fischer? Brett Adee? JEFF Pettis? On the beet sugar promotion board? What if he works for Bayer? What if he has tried to publish 100 papers and not a one passed peer review?
    The perils of benefactors; The blessings of parasites; Blindness blindness and sight -Joni Mitchell 'Shadows and Light'

Dean:

Once again, that's a personal attack, and you keep demonstrating Sweet's point.

WLC.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast