Hybrid View

Default Glass Bottle supplies?

Looking for glass in the Portland Oregon area. Thinking of going for the 1 lb. Muth jars or the queen line glass jars, but looks like shipping of glass is not an easy deal. For the guys out there that does not order containers by the truck load how many run glass and how do you get them? I am not talking about canning jars.
    I have been seeing the plastic squeeze bottles showing up on sale and thinking of stocking up on them but I have not been consistent enough to know what to put on order. I am thinking this bee thing could really get out of hand running to a bunch of different small yards so thinking I would see about holding onto the 3 yards I have and focus on honey this year.
    “Why do we fall, sir? So that we might learn to pick ourselves up” Alfred Pennyworth Batman Begins (2005)

Default Re: Glass Bottle supplies?

I try to pick up my bottles when I go to a bee keeping meeting. Or when I go to my mothers Danant is on my way..the bigger problem is storeing them or buying enough..
    David

Looking for that local connection in PDX, our local bee store here is at $22 a case. I picked up a case and really liked the look last year but looking for the local connection for glass. I was going to pick up the ‘sale’ plastic but if I have to order $100 worth I am better off going bulk to the source and not having to store them or estimate production (I have not got within 50% of my actual yet).
    “Why do we fall, sir? So that we might learn to pick ourselves up” Alfred Pennyworth Batman Begins (2005)

Try: www.specialitybottle.com
    out of Seattle
    Peter W., Belgrade, MT, Elv. 4420 Zone 4a
    Sheepshank Honey, 4 yrs & 35 hives

One of the guys from the bee club was running up there and doing will calls on octagon bottles. That was made me post for muth bottles. They have an olive oil bottle for about $2 each. If it was half that I would buy 10 cases.

Try Olshens's Bottle Supply, also known as Richards Packaging Inc. http://www.richardspackaging.com/ . They are located just south of the airport.

2321 Northeast Argyle Street
    Portland, OR 97211
    (503) 290-0000