Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mann Lake on Amazon

Just a heads up, if you are looking to buy their assembled frames by the 100 it is cheaper by $6.00 on amazon instead of their website. Amazon also has free shipping.

Default Re: Mann Lake on Amazon

The Amazon listing says the point of origin is Taiwan. I thought Mann Lake frames were made in the USA?!? Now I'm really confused. I was going to make the jump to Mann Lake this year but not if their stuff is imported.

Guess I need to do a LOT more research.

Rusty

edited to add that their site clearly states that the frames are made in the USA but the Amazon listing says just as clearly that the origin is Taiwan, so I have emailed Mann Lake and asked for clarification. So I guess we'll see.
    Last edited by Rusty Hills Farm; 01-22-2014 at 05:37 PM.
    Rusty Hills Farm -- home of AQHA A Rusty Zipper & Rusty's Bees ( LC and T)

Amazon is a reseller. Not unheard of that stuff comes from multiple places.

Quote Originally Posted by Vance G View Post
    Amazon is a reseller. Not unheard of that stuff comes from multiple places.
    There are some deals to be had on amazon. I purchased a large smoker with rubber replaceable bellow for $20, free shipping. I actually like my smaller roundtop better though.

hd-560_125x181.jpg

Not sure if its the case with Mann lake products or not but I was at a conference a few months back where one of the speakers said the pricing on Amazon depends on your browser, operating system, IP address, and they often change prices up to a dozen times a day on just one item. The price you are offered is not always what the guy sitting next to you gets.

If there ever was a private big brother this is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey-4-All View Post
    Not sure if its the case with Mann lake products or not but I was at a conference a few months back where one of the speakers said the pricing on Amazon depends on your browser, operating system, IP address, and they often change prices up to a dozen times a day on just one item. The price you are offered is not always what the guy sitting next to you gets.

If there ever was a private big brother this is it.
    Um. . as an IT guy. . that doesn't sound right. . . I use multiple devices to buy from Amazon. My IP address would differ on every machine I use ESPECIALLY at work where our internet traffic routes out of New York. . NEVER had a dramatic difference in prices on different machines, IP addresses or OS's when looking at an item multiple times over as much as a month. Was the speaker a professional beekeeper or geek?

Was either Pat Javick an official with gs1.org or the Marty Ramos who is a CTO with Microsoft. Think it was Ramos. Sorry: cant remember which. I would put them in the geek category but were very interested in some of the potential ideas I envision about possible use of tech with bees. We were definitely the oddballs in a large room filled with geeks. As per the pricing issues. They did not say that the price differences were dramatic. The way i see it........... few pennies here and a few there add up to a large fortune. When you are as large as Amazon there is power in pennies.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey-4-All View Post
    ... and they often change prices up to a dozen times a day on just one item. The price you are offered is not always what the guy sitting next to you gets.
    I've noticed their prices swing day to day. If I'm researching an item one day, I've noticed that it is a smidge (actual unit of measurement in Ralls County, MO) higher when I come back to purchase it a few days later. I don't know all the variables involved, but I bet they base some of their prices on your interest in the item.

The variation in pricing is in some respects testing what the market will bear. Look up 'dynamic pricing'. Think of what the airlines do with their ticket prices. If there are a bunch of people flying to NYC for the Super Bowl, the available tickets that would meet the needs of people from Denver or Seattle will go up in price. Amazon probably keeps track of any change in sales frequency of certain items. If they start flying off the shelves (like preassembled frames from Mann Lake), they'll adapt to the demand by making them a bit more expensive. There are people who have the Amazon delivery program and will actually get a tube of toothpaste delivered to their home by the UPS guy (because they've paid for a year's worth of free delivery) rather than take the time to stop and pick it up at the drugstore on the way home. They are obviously good candidates for variable pricing, as they're not likely to 'wait for a sale' on Colgate, or anything like that. Like Honey-4-All said "there is power in pennies".

I'm not sure about amazon but I've noticed pricing will change from day to day at sears and .kmart

You won't get your BeeBucks going through Amazon, but sometimes they miss quote a price vs MannLake and you get get a steal of a price.

So I heard from Mann Lake. Here is their email in its entirety:

Good Morning,

Mann Lake Frames are made in Minnesota. Lumber is acquired from multiple US
    sources. Rite Cell foundation is made with Mann Lake tooling in Illinois.

Regarding Amazon listing as Made In Taiwan, this will be addressed with them. This
    is just speculation, but some of the starter kits we offer through Amazon include
    hand tools that are imported from Taiwan. It’s possible Amazon programing tagged
    all of our items as such.

Thank you for noticing and forwarding your question.

Ed Waggoner l Mann Lake Ltd. l www.mannlakeltd.com

p: 218.675.6688 l toll free: 800.880.7694 l f: 218.675.6156 l

<http://www.mannlakeltd.com/>
    So now I can relax and order from them or Amazon, whichever turns out to have the best price at the moment of order.

Rusty
    Rusty Hills Farm -- home of AQHA A Rusty Zipper & Rusty's Bees ( LC and T)

Quote Originally Posted by 66thstreetbees View Post
    Um. . as an IT guy. . that doesn't sound right. . . I use multiple devices to buy from Amazon. My IP address would differ on every machine I use ESPECIALLY at work where our internet traffic routes out of New York.
    Your internal ip address probably changes, but, what matters is where your egress nodes are from the corp network, out to the public network.

The network I manage has over a thousand egress nodes, scattered over 3 continents. For lots of test scenarios, I route my own machines thru different egress points to test and confirm stuff on a fairly regular basis. I see this phenomena regularily if I am routing thru a completely different area. If I switch to a southern usa exit point, completely different adds, and sometimes prices, than seen from my normal exit point here in Canada. For a really different view, switch to an exit point in Mexico or the Carribean. If I really want to mess things up, when I have a guest here at the house, I force their tablet to route thru an egress in mexico. They will start scratching their head, wondering why adds are suddenly all showing up in spanish.

You have a vicious streak lad!

Quote Originally Posted by UTvolshype View Post
    You won't get your BeeBucks going through Amazon
    Good point and thinking!

On Amazon , Rite-cell FN800 foundation, "Usually ships in 1 to 3 months." What's the deal? You better order now for 2015 !

Quote Originally Posted by bbbthingmaker View Post
    On Amazon , Rite-cell FN800 foundation, "Usually ships in 1 to 3 months." What's the deal? You better order now for 2015 !
    LOL Yup Kind of like .22 ammo think ahead.....WAY ahead :}

Quote Originally Posted by grozzie2 View Post
    Your internal ip address probably changes, but, what matters is where your egress nodes are from the corp network, out to the public network.

The network I manage has over a thousand egress nodes, scattered over 3 continents. For lots of test scenarios, I route my own machines thru different egress points to test and confirm stuff on a fairly regular basis. I see this phenomena regularily if I am routing thru a completely different area. If I switch to a southern usa exit point, completely different adds, and sometimes prices, than seen from my normal exit point here in Canada. For a really different view, switch to an exit point in Mexico or the Carribean. If I really want to mess things up, when I have a guest here at the house, I force their tablet to route thru an egress in mexico. They will start scratching their head, wondering why adds are suddenly all showing up in spanish.
    Uhhhh. LOL, man you have too much time on your hands. But glad someone understands how all that works.
    Started 9/13, building slowly, now @ 7 Lang hives + 5 nucs, and treatment style not decided yet

Patio, Lawn & Garden
    Really? That's how Amazon classifies beekeeping equipment...? Had to look a while to find any of that stuff.
    www.apisrustica.com (French-only website) Bee Breeding: Canadian nuclei & queens / northern hygienic bees

I was at are last club meeting and they had the new manager from mann lake come to the meeting with new catalogs and he did a short presentation about the new store in Wilkes-Barre PA , he said the in store prices will be a little better than online , not sure if it will continue or if its a promotion to get people in the store for a while . He said they will be trying to do alot of different things at the store with classes on varies subjects for the beekeeper but didn't go into alot of detail , if your within driving distance it might pay to watch the website for more information as they get things going sometime in Feb. There definitely offering packages this spring with the possibility of nucs , the packages will be Itailians from northern California instead of the south , they feel they should be a better strain and add diversity to the population .
    Second Year 4 Hives T USDA Zone 5b

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast