Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hitachi Air Stapler

Hey all just thought I would write a review on the Hitachi Air Stapler model N3804AB3. It was 90 bucks and well worth it.

It's made well I have ran nearly 5000 staples thru it in the last 3 days. No jams no fuss.

It has a exhaust that you can rotate which is nice. (Since I am right handed I face it right)

Can fire at a trigger pull or be adjusted to fire every time it hits wood.

It also has a adjuster for stapler depth that works well.

Handles 18 gauge 1/4in crown staples a 1/2in to 1 1/2in. long

It also has a design that allows for fast and easy jam removal (haven't used it yet)

It does require a couple drops of oil everytime you use it. (big deal)

Very straight forward and a pleasure to use.

Will post more info on how it continues to work. I have 3000 frames left to do and 750 boxes, tops, and bottoms to finish prior to spring.

That should break her in real good.

Default Re: Hitachi Air Stapler

Hitachi is a good durable gun. I use them quite a bit as I am a residential/commercial builder. I have one roofing gun in particular that has probably 300 roofs under it's belt and still works fine.
    This spring I will be replacing my framers and finish nailers to Hitachi as well.
    Lightweight, durable and IF it needs repair, you can repair it yourself.

I've slowly replaced all my air tools with Hitachi. I've used the stapler for maybe 10 years without a hitch.
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -H.S. Thompson

Thanks for your good reviews......I bought one on your recommendations but have not used it yet.
    ...We don't see things as they are, we see things as WE are...

That is the same stapler I use on all my operations.

Great tool. Never had a problem with it. I know it says to oil daily, but I don't oil everyday and still never had a problem.

And, by the way, it will also shoot a 3/8 staple. I use 3/8 for attaching screen in several operations. ( screen bottom boards, entrance closures, moving screens in place of inner cover, etc.) It says 1/2 to 1 1/2 but it shoots 3/8 just fine. Again, never had a problem. Fine tool. Only the price will drive some people away. A lot of people like the Harbor Freight for about 1/4th the price, I just never tried it.

cchoganjr

I have a hitachi 18 volt drill driver. the spare battery charges quicker than I can kill one with self drilling screws in metal. no other brand will do this. these are the less expensive ni-cad batteries. hitachi Is really worth the extra cost. some co-workers have retired their snap-on and gone to hitachi.

I use an air stapler that I bough from Harbor freight, for $12.00 been using it for 6 years, maybe 200 hive bodies, and a bunch of pedestal bases. at that price I can get 7 of them for $90.00 and still have enough left for a beer on the way home.

This company has rebuilt Hitachi tools at really great prices. I have never used them, but I will give them a try on my next purchase. http://bigskytool.com/
    Jeffro

Thanks Jeffro, I saved the link. My Hitachi stapler works fine.
    Julysun elevation 23 feet. 4 Hives, 2 years.

Hitachi stapler here as well. 5 years one jam. Great gun.
    "Tradition becomes our security, and when the mind is secure it is in decay".....Krishnamurti

ya thanks for the link Jeff.

been really pleased with my tool. I tried out the jam pull out latch thing and it opens it wide open. I haven't had to use it but I am already in love with that feature. Looks like a cinch to get a staple out if jammed.

A good tool is hard to beat and worth the price to me.

Oh I timed myself with it. 10 deep frames (grooved bottom bar) and I glued them in 12min and 39seconds.

Have I mentioned I like this tool?

Wow, I am so tempted now to get one. Here is a couple on that website Jeffro posted. The reconditioned equipment gets great reviews too.

If I would have know I would have got a reconditioned one myself. This tool has a real basic design so once it was fixed I'd think it would be just as good as a new one.

Ya, I wish Hogback I would have gotten one years ago.

After using it for the first time I nearly hit the floor weeping thinking of all the hours I could have saved. haha

I have the same model. Great little stapler. I had one jam when I hit a hard knot, otherwise flawless. I also picked up an hitachi pin nailer that was a discontinued floor model on clearance for 50%. Both are great.

Hey! Thanks for the recommendation, and the website for the reconditioned equipment. My reconditioned stapler should be here in a few days, $55.00! I'm a real happy camper!

Awesome! It will pay for itself very fast.

Great! That is what this forum is about, helping each other!
    Jeffro

I bought one from Lowes a few years ago and it was a nightmare....skipping and jamming up a storm. I took it right back and asked for another one and it has been a dream. Not a single jam or skip yet! So so glad I did not mail order it so the exchange was easy.

It's all relative Ryan. I live about an hour and forty five minutes from the nearest Home Depot or Lowes, about 20 minutes from the post office. And, a lot of times, buying on line, there is no tax and free shipping, so for me it's cheaper than the gas :-]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast