Default collecting bees at night

i need help in procegure ,how can i collect a swarm of bees seeting on the ground without qween
    at night.
    i now about qmp but the question is will the bees follow the pheremon when no light around for signaling between the bees.

Default Re: collecting bees at night

How do you know there is no queen? put a box beside them... bees are smart they might just walk right in. If not brush them in.

Quote Originally Posted by yaronhk View Post
    i need help in procegure ,how can i collect a swarm of bees seeting on the ground without qween
    at night.
    i now about qmp but the question is will the bees follow the pheremon when no light around for signaling between the bees.
    i would mybe try spraying a box with alittle sugar water and just place the box over the top of them and just leave them till the morning... but iv never collecting a swarm directly of the ground at night so thats just what i would probably do.

good luck

Yeah just put a hive body without the bottom board over them and put a few frames with sugar water on them and they might just take to them.

I would do what everyone else suggested, set a box with some frames over them and let them walk in. They don't care if its day or night, actually night is better because they will all be in one spot. As soon as they walk in put a bottom board on and let the rest climb in and then screen them and move them before daylight while they are all in the box. I've picked up a lot of swarms at night and it's great because then they sit in the comb all night and it gives them time to get used to it so they will stay.

Chuck Davis? I heard you may have bees and nucs for sale. Send me info and Ill post to website.... burns375 at gmail. The new page has had quite a bit of traffic

kyanabees.com

Some QMP (either from "queen juice" or Pseudoqueen) and some lemongrass essential oil, and put it right next to them. They should walk right in.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF