Default Can Bees digest egg white?

Does anyone know for sure whether bees can digest egg whites if used in a pollen sub recipe? I know it's been mentioned here anecdotally, but I can't find anything to back it up. I've been using egg yolk powder in my recipe, but feel whole egg would give a better amino acid profile without SO much fat; I can easy get fat content to between 3 and 10%, depending on the recipe but always seem to be struggling for methionine.
    Would love to hear what you guys think...

Default Re: Can Bees digest egg white?

I use raw eggs in my pollen sub recipe. I haven't noticed any bad side affects and the bees sure love it!
    Hartz

The egg powder I use is whole eggs.

I tried adding whole egg to boost methionine ( the limiting amino acid) drove the cost to hight so I started adding feed grade L-methionine to balance. don't use DL or D methionine not as good.
    David
    beebotanical.com 40 years-4000 colonies-treatment eo's

David, how much L-methionine would one need to add to a batch of sub? I quit using egg yolk also because of the high price( and never liked the idea of adding egg to sub anyway).

I did a amino acid profile then did a ratio and in my case I needed 3 pounds per ton to bring methionine up to the proper level. It takes testing, money and math.
    David
    beebotanical.com 40 years-4000 colonies-treatment eo's

Thanks for that input, everyone.
    Here in the UK I pay 6.50/kg ( $4.85/lb) for free range egg yolk, 7.00/kg ($5.22/lb) for whole egg and a whopping 15.75/kg ($11.74/lb) if I wanted to add egg white on its own to give the methionine! I need to cost the food grade methionine, but that's why I was thinking about the egg whites -contained in the whole egg. Egg products seem so good for the protein they give, I can't imagine not adding them to sub.