Default Patching Bee Nets

Hey guys i got my semi nets out today and noticed a mouse got into them a bit and put a few holes in it. How do you guys patch them? I'm thinking about putting a patch on and then melting it in with a heat gun. Any other ideas?
    Nick

Default Re: Patching Bee Nets

Silicone works well for putting on patches.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Just regular clear silicon Jim?

We have used regular caulking tubes of silicone with good success.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Had the same happen to me with the mice and I used that 3m spray glue cut some patches and sprayed it but didn't last long. I didn't think of silicone that should work and last longer

hot glue gun also works well
    Greg Stahlman; Stahlman Apiaries Inc.

HH66 Vinyl Cement to glue another chunk of screen over the holes.

http://www.sailrite.com/HH-66-Vinyl-...A#.UtfU2CKYZzk

I melted a hole in my veil with a smoker ones. As a temporary solution I used a patch of clear packaging tape from both sides ( so it sticks to itself). As a long term solution - buy a new one. Although I still have and use the one I patched.

thanks every one for the help i patched it with silicon today. But i'm going to order you cement Arron i have heard of that stuff from a few guys thanks for the link.
    Nick

We used pieces of fiberglass screen and a hot glue gun.

Don't know what you guys equivalent is in your country but here a commercial leather worker or couch repair type guy can sew on a patch properly and it will never come off.
    44 years, been commercial, outfits up to 4000 hives, now 120 hives and 200 nucs as a hobby, selling bees. T (mostly).

Quote Originally Posted by swarm_trapper View Post
    thanks every one for the help i patched it with silicon today. But i'm going to order you cement Arron i have heard of that stuff from a few guys thanks for the link.
    Nick
    I know my local, Pennsylvania, International Dealership stocks HH66 Vinyl Cement for Semi Tarp repair as well.

And that link is just one I found via google, I've never used that site before.

Use a square or two of stainless or fiberglass window screen...3-4 staples and a glob of silicone adhesive. It all depends on how big of a tear you have or hole. If it's just a rip...put a couple staples in the tear line(office stapler)....silicone one side & let it cure....then do the other side. Pretty easy. You could always carry a small sewing kit in the truck/tool box with some white fabric cut offs. If you get a tear in a bee suit, you can walk down the road and sew it up. Keep a piece of window screen with the needle and thread...and always keep a roll of duct tape handy for emergency situations/quick hole patches.

why wouold anyone want to patch the bee net? Arent those holes in there for the DOT guys to enjoy?