Thread: New Hummer Bee

Default New Hummer Bee

Just ordered a new Hummer Bee Turbo. We already have a Swinger that is probably 10 years old. Just wondering about peoples opinions of Hummers vs Swingers. We also have an old Melroe Bobcat and a little New Holland. What do you guys use?

Default Re: New Hummer Bee

I have a Older swinger. I have driven both the new swinger and hummerbee. Both are faster smoother than my old one. However the hummerbee has a big problem with the middle joint. It has to be replaced often.. hopefully they will change the design. A friend bought a new hummer turbo about 1 year or a little longer ago...it was very sluggish and neither he or myself was impressed. If i can avoid getting spray damage i am planning on buying a new one. It will be a swinger as i have driven both and the swinger is a better built machine in my opinion.
    Last edited by suttonbeeman; 01-13-2014 at 08:55 PM. Reason: correct spelling

We have had great luck with the hummerbee turbos we have. No joint issues here, but we grease them often and then more! I hope you ordered their trailer. For us it's the best in the industry, better than any other tilt trailer.

We have a Hummer Turbo with 800 hours and another with 400....still no joint problems. Lots of regular greasing, though. The Swinger is an awesome machine, the Hummer (at least the turbo, don't know about the XRT) is a very good machine. Buy price, it's a win/win.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

I compared the Swinger with the NEW Hummerbee XRT at the California bee meeting at Tahoe, they were both there next to each other. Hummerbee gets my vote. Take a look at them on their site, joint has been redesigned....

I purchased the Swinger Super Bee about six years ago. It is a great machine and works well for my operation. When ordering it I got the foam filled tires and would highly recommend doing this. My old forklift left me in a bind several times with flat tires.

We have bought to trailers from them. We added some stuff to them but we love them