Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Where/when did you learn your woodworking skills?

Like many here I learned from my father, a contractor, at an early age. One of my earliest memories is walking into dad's shop in bare feet and getting the rightfully just punishment for doing so. Over the years I watched and learned as my dad built and remodeled homes and even built custom inlay cabinets for our home. My dad is gone now, but I inherited all of his tools (and have aquired many of my own since) so every time I am working in the shop I think of memories with him.

Quote Originally Posted by westernbeekeeper View Post
    Hey Mbeck,
    Let me know next time you're in my neck of the woods; stop in and I'll give you a free day of hands-on instruction on building hive woodenware. Serious.
    Thanks

Wood shop in school where I learned most about safety and from my dad. Mostly in my teen years. Experience after that. We built a lot of our own bee equipment, did our own reno's, makng our own jigs for special cuts, ect. It's a good knowledge to have for any beekeeper.
    Will Gruenwald Chilliwack BC

first memories of woodworking was helping my daddy patching up the hog pens. Then building "forts" with the local kids. As the years went by entry level carpentry work lead to my own contracting business for years before easing into government work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12