Default Housel Positioning

Being winter up here in Canada, I am stuck with nothing better to do then read about beekeeping yearning for spring to practice it! As the thread states I started reading about Housel positioning. Curious I went to some foundationess boxes I tried out last year to see if this theory was true. The combs were wavy, little crazy combed...just enough to know I havent switched anything around. Sure enough pulling the frames out this was all true. Not sure about a centre frame, but all the upside down "Y"s were pointing towards the centre.

Now, my next question is has anyone actually practiced this management in their beeyard and do they feel it makes a difference?

Default Re: Housel Positioning

I simply can't resist providing a link to this earlier Housel Positioning thread:

http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...el-positioning
    Graham
    --- Victor Hugo - "Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education.

Tnx =)

Quote Originally Posted by honeydrunkapiaries View Post
    Sure enough pulling the frames out this was all true. Not sure about a centre frame, but all the upside down "Y"s were pointing towards the centre.
    Then, where was the changeover in the direction of the Ys? At a seam?

Ohh god, after reading that previous topic I have realized what can of worms I have just opened!

But to clarify if we are looking at a ten frame box, the 5 frames on the left had the upside down Y facing towards the centre, and the 5 frames on the right had the same. So the changeover happened between from 5 and 6... the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    And this keep honey from running out of the comb? And larvae from falling out too?
    Hey man, Im just a new beekeeper asking questions and trying to figure this crazy world out. Asking, not being a proponent...

Just chiming in on the rediculousness. Not your rediculousness of course. We all need something to do while the northwinds blow.

U getting much snow? I drove home from Barrie, Ont. yesterday. It was brutal in Barrie, but got better the closer I got to Toronto.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

If I had to drive, yesterday would not of been of been the way to do it. Currently -32F with the wind chill. What were you doing way up Barrie way?

Quote Originally Posted by honeydrunkapiaries View Post
    If I had to drive, yesterday would not of been of been the way to do it. Currently -32F with the wind chill. What were you doing way up Barrie way?
    My Son attends a private school North of Barrie and plays Junior A Hockey on the Alliston Coyotes Team. So I was taking him back to school after Xmas/New Years Break. The 400 was pretty slow going at first. The 401 was dry and clear.

Oh, sorry Barry. Shouldn't have asked that question that way I guess.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."