Default Anyone in Arkansas?

I'm looking for a seriously distant out yard to eventually move to. Fayetteville to Fort Smith Arkansas, somewhere along that stretch. And I haven't had time to find out how much land it takes to get an Ag exemption in Arkansas. Looking at a parcel just under 15 acres.

I don't remember who lives where, just know bees don't do terribly well HERE...

Gypsi
    Stuck in Texas. Learning Permaculture in drought, guess I will teach permaculture in drought. The bees are still alive.

Default Re: Anyone in Arkansas?

Well I guess I am going to have to just take my chances and see how things go, no beeks on any boards answered my query. I have been warned that mountains and trees are bad for shb, well I can get some guinea hens and handle a lot of that and make a sunny patch for the apiary or choose farm land lower down. But the drought has killed enough of the garden for enough years, they no longer even mention it on the news here, but we have never caught up on rain fall our lakes are 8 to 9 feet below where they should be, and my back yard will have to be heavily watered for a few months to make it look like a lawn so I can sell the house.

I am excited. I will not be buying nucs this year, maybe a couple of queens but that's it, and hope to catch a swarm or do a cutout, it will take everything I can muster to start the land purchase and finish the updates on this house to get the best price on it... no extra time for playing bees, and we all know how much money we can spend on them.

Gypsi (been stuck in North Texas since 1979 it is high time I gypsyed on out of here.. My kids are 30 and 22 and can DRIVE to see me....been waiting while they had their babies, til I felt they could do without me close by, I left once in 2003 and ended up moving back)
    Stuck in Texas. Learning Permaculture in drought, guess I will teach permaculture in drought. The bees are still alive.