Default Has anyone tried this company

Has anyone every tried
    www.Fortcollinshoney.com there yeast is 59.95 and free shipping with $100 order
    Last edited by BudsBees; 01-01-2014 at 07:14 PM.

Default Re: Has anyone tried this company

They're a Mann Lake distributor and the proprietor has just been sentenced to prison for 8 years. FWIW

What is FWIW?

FWIW is short for "For What Its Worth"

A news story regarding one of the apparent owners of the business:
    http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...lex-other-bldg
    ultracrepidarian >> noting or pertaining to a person who criticizes, judges, or gives advice outside of his expertise

Quote Originally Posted by Rader Sidetrack View Post
    FWIW is short for "For What Its Worth"

A news story regarding one of the apparent owners of the business:
    http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...lex-other-bldg

Off of their home page: When I read it yesterday I was about going to ask "what the heck does that mean?" Now I know!!!

Beekeeper Justice

We are still fighting for justice and will always continue to do so. We would love your support. Please donate if you can.

God Bless your life.

Thank you, Rebekah Gilmore

What about the company? Are they still in business. They say they do COD. So I think save a little money, free shipping, pay for it when I get it. Sometimes there is a bad apple in every bunch. Take that one out and sometimes the rest are good?

Bud, are you aware that Mann Lake offers free shipping with a $100 order? Most carriers (like UPS) will charge a handling fee for COD shipments. Its extra work for them, so you pay a fee.

EDIT: I do see that the price for yeast at FCH is less expensive than at Mann Lake. I can see why that looks attractive. Perhaps you could confirm that the price is still in effect before you order.
    Last edited by Rader Sidetrack; 01-02-2014 at 06:02 AM. Reason: add more
    ultracrepidarian >> noting or pertaining to a person who criticizes, judges, or gives advice outside of his expertise

I ordered the QMP pheramone and styrofoam mating nuc from them back in Nov because they were a couple dollars cheaper than Mann Lake. They did slighly mess up the order, but they answer emails and did make it right. I don't know if it was the time of year that I ordered the stuff, but it took 30 days to get it, which in today's age of instant shipping and email notification, was not a "plus" in my book. The wife is still running the company and shipping the product. I think they probably have items on their site that you can't get at the bigger distributors, so it may be worth it to order from them. Just be prepared for it to take a little time.

The brewers yeast at Mann Lake is 72.55. They say on web Fort Collin is 59.95. I will check to see if price is right. I'm a small bee keeper so every penny counts.

Bud, you'll still have to add up an order for $100 to get the free shipping. Too bad you can't see the place and get a feel for "the apples"! But buyer beware comes to mind from the beekeepers I've dealt with trying to fix the issues that started with this outfit.

Thanks, for the advice, Rossman in Ga is looking for me.

i live in the same town as that store and have traded there a few times. they even sent a few swarms my way last summer. you'll get what you pay for and won't get robbed of anything. like others have said, they are mann lake distributors, so you'll find the exact same product on the mann lake website.
    I'm the dude, so that's what you call me.

Going to Mann Lakes 20 bucks is not worth the trouble to save. I know Mann Lakes will stand by there supplys.