Default Attaching Numbers To A Queen Bee

I am going to try my hand at raising some queens this coming year and would prefer to number my queens to keep track of them. How are the numbers sold by MannLake attached? Are they glued on or are they some sort of self stick label?

Default Re: Attaching Numbers To A Queen Bee

glue ive used super glue with success but the offgasses produced can cause the bees to not accept the queen - most number packets come with an adhesive you can use

Hi!
    Have had excellent success with Tight bond 2 glue. It also helps to flatten the number a little before you glue it onto the queen.

Adam Finkelstein
    www.vpqueenbees.com

Quote Originally Posted by Waggle View Post
    I am going to try my hand at raising some queens this coming year and would prefer to number my queens to keep track of them. How are the numbers sold by MannLake attached? Are they glued on or are they some sort of self stick label?
    http://shop.carl-fritz.de/product_in...27b5c03b279bea

These work well, but nearly impossible to do in wet weather
    Treatment free, honey production, isolation mated queens, www.saunalahti.fi/lunden/varroakertomus.html

I use titebond III. But every disc I've applied was done to an anesthetized queen. Never tried TB III on a moving queen. I'm sure it can be done, just a little trickier. Do you have experience marking queens with paint? If not, give that a try. You may find it fully meets your need. Some paints are better than others. I really like the Sharpie oil based markers.
    Horseshoe Point Honey -- http://localvahoney.com/