Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Default Re: To the 1,000 plus guests.

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    3,600 some to go.
    That's half of an Ace.
    Politics is the entertainment branch of industry. -Frank Zappa

Those 1,000 plus guests are practicing mindful listening.
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Acebird View Post
    Yeah, and they are not. It doesn't look good for next spring.
    that's weird ace. they should be flying at 70. have you listened for the cluster lately?
    journaling the growth of a treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

I wonder if we're going to catch the same weather pattern this year that we did just the other year.

My bees were out foraging in late February.

Quote Originally Posted by WLC View Post
    I wonder if we're going to catch the same weather pattern this year that we did just the other year.

My bees were out foraging in late February.
    Good question. My dogwood trees now have buds on them.
    A man is worth just as much as the things about which he busies himself- Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Now with Mike's challenge, I may eat my words. This time of year, last year, the average was around 340 per day. Weekly average from Nov. 1, 2012 - Feb. 1, 2013 was 1,874.
    I was trying to consider the Christmas boost for all the well wishing that may, may not happen. Now if we get a few posts from Ace that get popular. well we will both get knocked out of the running.

3216 to go that is about 400 between Marks post yesterday and mine today. but mine is being made very early. it is only 4 something in the morning here.So not quite a 24 hour period.

1 million posts. that is quite an accomplishment. It does not really matter what the content is. That still represents a lot of participation.
    Is it breaking the rules to post ditto on every thread? I need more like 450 per day.

Ace where are you? post something that ticks them off. Christmas will have a spike. I am counting on that. Not sure it will be that big of a spike though.
    Stand for what you believe, even if you stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Y View Post
    Ace where are you? post something that ticks them off.
    You guys are on your own. I would like to think that not every post I make ticks someone off. I think you have had your share Daniel and you an I are not the only ones. I for one am thankful for having the discussions even though others may not see the merit.

edit: I should say that this time is especially busy for us on the retail end.
    Brian Cardinal
    Zone 5a, Practicing non-intervention beekeeping

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Y View Post
    Ace where are you? post something that ticks them off. Christmas will have a spike. I am counting on that. Not sure it will be that big of a spike though.
    There was a time when Tailgater was open to all and accessible just like every other part of beesource, but it was also shut down between Christmas and New Years. I wonder what effect closing it during the Holidays and making T'gater members only has had on Post numbers?

Well, I'm sure TG is a much classier place since my departure.
    Politics is the entertainment branch of industry. -Frank Zappa

Goes w/out saying Charlie.

Sorry Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by Acebird View Post
    I would like to think that not every post I make ticks someone off.
    [snip]
    I for one am thankful for having the discussions even though others may not see the merit.
    That is my hope as well, Brian. I hope for 2014 that some members will strive more to be peacemakers with those they disagree with. That often, there doesn't need to be "the last word." That grace will be extended to those that may not see life, or express themselves, as we think they should. The general tone of the forum this last year has moved in a direction I'm not overly pleased with.

As the forum has grown, so has my time involved in the administrative side. The amount of time I spend every day just keeping spam off the site is frustrating, even with the help of spam tools. My vision for Beesource was to provide a place where free and open discussion could take place with little to no control by someone else. Basic rules set up to provide a framework for lively, yet civil discussion. Stepping in only enough to keep it on track with a hope and desire that members themselves would keep each other in line.

It's impossible to please everyone. Some feel there should be stricter enforcement of rules, while other's favor a looser framework. I receive both compliments, as well as very foul emails, in regard to forum moderation. Some members have left in protest, some have been pushed out the door, and yet membership continues to grow.

I am so grateful for those who have been, and who are currently, part of the group effort that moderates the forum. They offer sound advice when problems arise. They help keep me from making rash decisions and bring stability to the table. I don't take credit for the success and growth of Beesource. Everyone here has made that happen. I have simply tried to be a facilitator and provide the necessary tools for this to take place. I feel good inside when I see very experienced beekeepers, both commercial and hobby, take the time to post very thoughtful and informative posts. I continually learn from these. It also gives me pleasure to see new beekeepers with little to no experience, but lots of excitement, post very basic questions and then have other members offer their support and encouragement. I remember the excitement and awe when I first came face to face with a hive of bees!

I rattled on a bit and probably jumped all over the place, but I do want to give thanks to the community here, challenge all to make it a better place this next year, and as always, send your complaints to me.
    Regards, Barry

Very nice and seasonal posting Barry. Yes, I have probably deserved it when you have sent me to my room or (Deleted by Barry).
    4 yrs, Peak 14, back to zip, T lite; godfather to brother's 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    That is my hope as well, Brian.
    I hope you will accept my apologies for any grief that I have caused you and your staff. I think you have been quite fair with me and for some people that could be a challenge. I will also admit that my apprehension for Lauri being a moderator was dead wrong. She has done an excellent job. Beesource is not only a good forum for discussing bees it is the best. That is why I am still here.
    I would like to hear from those that are not posting but if they don't want to for whatever reason that is their choice. They are getting something out of the discussions or they wouldn't be hear listening / reading.
    Brian Cardinal
    Zone 5a, Practicing non-intervention beekeeping

I would like a loose moderation.... But the way it is now is fine because I have learned a lot in the last year.

Excellent job by Beesource moderators.

Well, Acebird I enjoy your posts and the lively discussions that follow. We all have our own bee follies. When I first started with bees, it took the complete roster of the local bee club and the bee inspector to straighten out my hives. Merry Christmas Acebird.
    Last edited by linn; 12-24-2013 at 10:14 AM. Reason: roster not rooster

Not needed.
    Julysun elevation 23 feet. 4 Hives, 2 years.

Yes I am padding the count even though I do not need to. It is now the 30th. My predicted date. as of my last check it was only 355 posts to go. It will make it today with no assistance.

So anyone want to take a shot at what hour?

I will without doing much thinking take 9 P.M. Eastern time. that makes it 6 PM my time. so the millionth post needs to be made between 6 and 7 PM my time.
    Stand for what you believe, even if you stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by jfb58 View Post
    If you need to pump up the posts, may I propose global warming as a topic?
    Global Warming, small cell, or treatment free. That will bump it up, at least an extra 600 posts a day.

I predict 10:37 Eastern Time.

By the way, Barry. What is the most posts ever on a single thread.

cchoganjr
    Last edited by Cleo C. Hogan Jr; 12-30-2013 at 08:01 AM. Reason: add prediction for 1,000,000 post

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo C. Hogan Jr View Post
    O.K. or small cell.
    Or LARGE CELL!

I haven't seen any evidence that LC is better.....

http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...eekeeping-work
    BeeCurious
    Trying to think inside the box...

Quote Originally Posted by BeeCurious View Post
    I haven't seen any evidence that LC is better.....
    Here we go. I may have to adjust my estimate to noon today.

cchoganjr

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast